Where to start?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more specifics that I didn't go into and someone just posted a new thread yesterday worth a read:
https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/1118262-death-tower-hobbies.html

There are only 5 states that do not collect sales tax, you can try finding a distributor located in one of these states:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States
After reading a few paragraphs of that Tower rant I had to stop reading. Especially with the completely negative reviews posted to try to prove his point. There are far more positive reviews, and they have 4.4 stars out of 5, which isn't bad at all. Considering far more people that normally won't take the time to leave a review, will feel more inclined to leave a review if they have a bad experience, I would bet their reviews would be even higher if everyone left reviews.

I have spent thousands at Tower/Horizon over the years (customer since '83). I have had to contact customer service a number of times, and have never once had an issue. In fact, they have gone above and beyond nearly every single time. I have a lot of reasons to hate Horizon, but it's hard for me to do so because I have had nothing but good experiences dealing with them.

I will concede I do like Amain better, but usually I can get it cheaper from Horizon/Tower. But I always shop around for the best prices whenever I order RC stuff, even if I save more money by buying from two or three shops.

Last edited:
I've been a Tower customer (off and on) since the 80s as well, and also order from AMain quite often. My Vendetta came from Horizon as they had it cheap at the time.

I ordered four of the HPI Venture Scale Builder Kits (as a gift for my three sons and myself) from RPP Hobby, which at the time did not collect sales tax from Texas customers.... but they don't sell Tekno RC products.

I even order RC stuff from Amazon, as they sometimes have good buys... like the Felony for $550 right now.

I've never had to deal with Tower's tech support before they were owned by Whorizon but I've got nothing but good things to say about HH's customer support. Over the years, I have had them replace parts that werent even under warranty anymore on many multiple different occasions. On time I bought a used RC from eBay and I called them for technical support with it because I was pretty green back then and they still replaced the servo as if it was under warranty and I had told them at the beginning of the call that I bought the kit off of eBay.

Hmm so anyone know of anyone with the Tekno MT410 in stock with a black friday deal?

Tower doesn't seem to have any black friday sales on it, and they're the only one I know of it in stock

I also wasn't able to pick it up a few days ago with Tower and missed out on the 20% premium membership coupon. Hopefully they offer this deal again before xmas?

I'm going to try and reach back out to Tekno next week to see if they have an ETA on new stock yet.

Thanks!

Hmm so anyone know of anyone with the Tekno MT410 in stock with a black friday deal?

Tower doesn't seem to have any black friday sales on it, and they're the only one I know of it in stock

I also wasn't able to pick it up a few days ago with Tower and missed out on the 20% premium membership coupon. Hopefully they offer this deal again before xmas?

I'm going to try and reach back out to Tekno next week to see if they have an ETA on new stock yet.

Thanks!
This Black Friday was the worst I have seen for RC gear. There wasn't really anything interesting this year that I saw.

Thanks!
In stock and on sale/Black Friday deal/with coupon... no. Most places are out of stock. Horizon Hobby/Tower Hobby has them in stock, but no huge discount like we seen the past year. Some places/sellers jacked up the price on the MT410 knowing it'll be, I'm guessing, on the legacy list soon as the MT410 2.0 is now out for pre order.

Yes, it pays to shop around. And Horizon/Tower sell on Amazon & eBay as well.

Thanks!

20% off for Super Saver Club members is back at Tower, through 12/10... and the MT410 shows in stock this morning at $479

20% off for Super Saver Club members is back at Tower, through 12/10... and the MT410 shows in stock this morning at $479
I did see that email now that I created an account, so thanks for the heads up!

I was actually thinking of going with the MT410 2.0 since it seems like there are a lot of really good upgrades.

I'm seeing them for $439 on Tekno's website, so hopefully Tower will offer the same and the 20% will still apply.
https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/110-mt410-2.0-4wd-electric-monster-truck-kit/TKR9501.html

They do have the new 2.0 on their website!

It's backordered at the moment, but we still have a few weeks before xmas, so hopefully backorders get filled in time.

Hmm it does not seem that the new REWARDS coupon code works on the 2.0 or the 1.0

Is everyone else getting the same problem?

Last edited:
Nope, I back-ordered the 2.0 this morning and the REWARDS coupon code worked just fine.

After the discount, it was $352 with free shipping.

You were signed it at the time?