Where does the ESC fan plug in on a Kraton 8S?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
A couple weeks ago one of the blades on my stock Spektrum 160A ESC fan broke. I tore it apart to measure the fan and ordered a replacement. I'm just now getting around to installing a new high rpm fan but I can for the life of me remember where the esc fan plugged in. I see where there one spot in between the bullet connectors for the motor but I remember the motor fan plugging in there and I don't see any other places to plug it in. Can someone throw me a bone plz?

Ahhhh ok, I see now. The original stock esc fan has a splitter built into the plug which this aftermarket high rpm fan does not. No biggie though since I can just crimp a splitter together. Thanks for that link Stoner!

I love it when the master of all things electronics asks an electronics question. Makes me feel way less dumb 🙃🥴🤣😅😜

I was tripping cuz I didnt remember the stock fan having a splitter built into the end of it. I was like "I know this thing was plugged in somewhere! 🤷‍♂️" lol

When you get done making a splitter for your esc and motor fans only to realize you haven't actually replaced the motor fan yet and it uses a different connector than the old fan. O__o
20210719_181526.jpg

I got my stock motor and ESC fans on my Kraton 8S switched out with the Rocket high RPM versions of the fans and got my splitter fixed. Sounds good right?
20210720_144630.jpg

Well a sh*t storm happened at work and since I'm the supervisor guess who got to deal with it. So I get all that handled and I'm trying to be positive by thinking well at least my fans are all installed and ready to be wired back up and then I can get the rear tierods installed so I can start sending it again off my ramp I built. I pick up the replacement tierods that I had to wait on the slow boat from China and low and behold theyre for the K6 and not the K8. Went back to the eBay listing and sure enough the listing says they are for the K8. So now I gotta go through the process of getting a replacement part sent again from China and another 3-6 week wait. So needless to say I aint feelin it today. I think I'm gonna go play Cyberpunk 2077 for awhile.

Heres the wrong part they sent me.
1.jpg
2.jpg

I got my stock motor and ESC fans on my Kraton 8S switched out with the Rocket high RPM versions of the fans and got my splitter fixed. Sounds good right?
View attachment 129881

Well a sh*t storm happened at work and since I'm the supervisor guess who got to deal with it. So I get all that handled and I'm trying to be positive by thinking well at least my fans are all installed and ready to be wired back up and then I can get the rear tierods installed so I can start sending it again off my ramp I built. I pick up the replacement tierods that I had to wait on the slow boat from China and low and behold theyre for the K6 and not the K8. Went back to the eBay listing and sure enough the listing says they are for the K8. So now I gotta go through the process of getting a replacement part sent again from China and another 3-6 week wait. So needless to say I aint feelin it today. I think I'm gonna go play Cyberpunk 2077 for awhile.

Heres the wrong part they sent me.
View attachment 129882View attachment 129883
Who did you buy from so I know to avoid them?

OK, some good news today! I heard back from the GPM reseller today and they said the part I received is indeed the correct part its just that the package got mislabeled at the factory. So, I opened it up and starting making some size comparisons and it does indeed seem to be the correct piece. YAY! upgrades! lol

OK, some good news today! I heard back from the GPM reseller today and they said the part I received is indeed the correct part its just that the package got mislabeled at the factory. So, I opened it up and starting making some size comparisons and it does indeed seem to be the correct piece. YAY! upgrades! lol
Oh sweet! Disaster averted!

Oh man you got to love quality control

Back