Where do most of you run your cars?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks that was a good area to take any rc car to jump them. If I had somewhere like that where I live that would be a nice spot for bashing
I liked that track it was perfect for my minis. My new spot has too many rocks even the 1/10 scale struggles sometimes as some of the rocks are the size of a potato. I haven't run my minis in a while :confused:

I live on a farm and on one of the small paddocks, we cut the grass as short as the mower can go and make a nice track with K1 Speed tracks as ideas. Also have a dirt ‘oval’ around a bunch of trees with roots as bumps. We also have 1 wooden jump and hope to make more this summer. We run 1:10 sct.

I live on a farm and on one of the small paddocks, we cut the grass as short as the mower can go and make a nice track with K1 Speed tracks as ideas. Also have a dirt ‘oval’ around a bunch of trees with roots as bumps. We also have 1 wooden jump and hope to make more this summer. We run 1:10 sct.
Like to see pictures of your grass track. Like you, ran a grass track oval in my back yard during Covid. 1/10 ST. 'AC'

IMG_20210610_083608_184_green ring.jpg

I run my bashers (Slash and rustler) around the neighborhood. Sidewalk, street. And the field across the house. Sometimes I might go to the track (running track) at the high school. Or around my school which is across the street / field.

I run my race cars at the track obviously. Lol. Currently the local track (RC Underground Arena) has grey EOS carpet. Its high traction all the time. High bite. And then the local clay track. (The Track in Gaithersburg), recently got new dirt and new layout, so traction should be pretty high. Only been there 2 times. (on the old dirt / layout), the buggy liked to slide around turns and corners. Some traction compound should help with that. If needed I can always sand my tires down to slicks, and then traction compound if needed.

I did run the B74 on the carpet drag strip "Strip 66" (still at RC Underground), same carpet as the offroad track (grey EOS)

Same goes for the mini b, but the mini b will be my track basher or mini racer or backup race car. I broke far more parts bashing outside on the sidewalk/street.

Trying to get the slash / rustler dialed in for the carpet track for racing, but its just too much time. They are staying bashers as of now.

Oh occasionally, I would take the slash and rustler to local parks or state parks.

And I do bring them on vacation depending on where we are going. For example, when doing down to Myrtle Beach this summer I'm bringing the buggy, mini b and slash. Because there is a track down there. Beach RC. Indoor clay track. Went there last year. Pretty nice. Lots of pits, high drivers stand, fully stocked shop (just like their website) I will be forcing my uncle to bring his car and stuff. For some laps, and I think they race on Wednesday nights so might even race.

The 1/10 electric stuff is geared toward MHOR's indoor clay track. The 1/10 nitro STs I don't really have a good place to use at the moment, terrain and vegetation at home are a bit rough for them.

The 1/12 & 1/16 crawlers we find places to play around the property or when camping.

The 1/8 & 1/5 critters mostly get run here on my acreage. I built a track years ago, need to rehab it a bit, but they're still fun just in the field or jumping over my shooting range, which is a 100 yard trench dug 5' below ground level with 3-5 foot berms above that. The Kraton 8s can catch air to the tune of 20' high and 60-70' in distance off that.

A few places here around the Baltimore area, for crawling theres a place called Double Rock Park in Parkville, then in elkridge i go to Patapsco state park, lots of fun places there to crawl. Bashing i go to a field behind a school by my house or a trail someone made in the woods for dirt bikes, has a few nice jumps.

A few places here around the Baltimore area, for crawling theres a place called Double Rock Park in Parkville, then in elkridge i go to Patapsco state park, lots of fun places there to crawl. Bashing i go to a field behind a school by my house or a trail someone made in the woods for dirt bikes, has a few nice jumps.
For me, I go to North Point State park, Ft Howard, Eastern Regional Park. All good parks for bashing. North Point has some trails so that will be nice for just trail riding (not really crawling.
I go to random parks since there isint really anything around my area. There is an indoor carpet track, bit my RCs will tear it up :/
Yea Chris had to close up the track sadly. Way to much for rent.
If you want some other places to check out tracks: I go to RCUA (RC Underground Arena) in Columbia. They just opened up February this year. They got Mini Z, Drag, Drift, and carpet off road/on road. Cody from BACH runs the carpet off road track on Thursdays for racing. Another is 180 Raceway in Middle river. They do carpet on road and they are only open on weekends. Mimi's (The Track in Gaithersburg) has a offroad clay track and fully stocked shop.
Now this reminds me I gotta go over to Chris sometime soon. I need a new servo and I need to see what he has in stock for stuff.

For me, I go to North Point State park, Ft Howard, Eastern Regional Park. All good parks for bashing. North Point has some trails so that will be nice for just trail riding (not really crawling.

Yea Chris had to close up the track sadly. Way to much for rent.
If you want some other places to check out tracks: I go to RCUA (RC Underground Arena) in Columbia. They just opened up February this year. They got Mini Z, Drag, Drift, and carpet off road/on road. Cody from BACH runs the carpet off road track on Thursdays for racing. Another is 180 Raceway in Middle river. They do carpet on road and they are only open on weekends. Mimi's (The Track in Gaithersburg) has a offroad clay track and fully stocked shop.
Now this reminds me I gotta go over to Chris sometime soon. I need a new servo and I need to see what he has in stock for stuff.
nah i don't deal with Cody, found out he talked mad sh!t about me behind my back, so ill never support that place. I'm loyal to chris and his wife, true friends to me, dude will give you his shirt off his back, he has helped me more then Cody did, i never felt welcome in the shop when he was running it. Chris has OMG servos, theyre pretty awesome, thats whats on all my RCs and never had an issue, even works good on my LMT.

nah i don't deal with Cody, found out he talked mad sh!t about me behind my back, so ill never support that place. I'm loyal to chris and his wife, true friends to me, dude will give you his shirt off his back, he has helped me more then Cody did, i never felt welcome in the shop when he was running it.
Dang...
Chris has OMG servos, theyre pretty awesome, thats whats on all my RCs and never had an issue, even works good on my LMT.
I had 2 of them. 1 is in my rustler 2wd right now. I burnt one out. It was 2 years old. And it probably burnt out since I couldn't set EPAs (was using the traxxas TQ radios back then) The one I have now in my rustler. It is faster than the stock traxxas servo. Moves / steers more freely and smoothly.

What I use: https://www.rcmart.com/omg-high-vol...vo-for-1-10-rc-buggy-omg-st-20dm-pro-00111582

Yea. Chris and Mesha is always great and nice. Me,my dad, and my uncle go to him if we need a new laptop or need one fixed. Chris put a new SSD hard drive, more RAM, and a new charger / charge port on my dell laptop (which is turning 5 years old this year sometime) I also took some of my old laptops to him so he can repair them and resell them or recycle them. Can't remember what he charged for my dell being fixed. Last month, I took my 2 ESCs to him to get some wires resoldered since me / my uncle can't work on small wires like that. He charged 45 for a new esc wire into the receiver. And a new battery wire going into the motor. Pretty good.

Last edited:
Dang...

I had 2 of them. 1 is in my rustler 2wd right now. I burnt one out. It was 2 years old. And it probably burnt out since I couldn't set EPAs (was using the traxxas TQ radios back then) The one I have now in my rustler. It is faster than the stock traxxas servo. Moves / steers more freely and smoothly.

What I use: https://www.rcmart.com/omg-high-vol...vo-for-1-10-rc-buggy-omg-st-20dm-pro-00111582
is what it is dude, i was just trying to learn as much as i could about the hobby. but I'm in good hands now for that.

thats odd, i have had those in my 2wds too before i took the electronics out of them and made em shelf queens. never burnt one out.

Back