Where Do I Find.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRXaddict

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
These wheels ? I love these wheels!
HPI.jpg

My friend with his savage like 4 years ago had them and I've been inlove with them... i think the hotbodies wheels look amazing and I've been on their site but it seems like its just an old site that technically doesn't exist.

So i guess it comes down to this where i have to post a thread asking where i would acquire such wheels. I'm guessing they are discontinued and the only way to buy them is used ? If anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated I've looked all over google and most sites just say out of stock or discontinued.

Thanks!!

Kody

gosh i have to find those wheels.. idk as far as wheels go for monster trucks I'm very picky. i like the t maxx 3.3 wheels

or the older HPI wheels. i just ordered my first HPI savage the other day and i really wanna get another set of wheels... the wheels on the savge 4.6 x are ugly to me so thats one of the first things i wanna get. and suspension since they now have single shocks I'm kinda iffy about that too.

every now and then they pop up on ebay i have a set ufos with dozer wheels they look great on the savage
100_2325.jpg

Those are Hot Bodies UFO wheels and Fireball tires. Part #s 61219,61220. I'm not sure if they were discontinued or not,their site shows they can be back ordered.

They are Hot Bodies wheels/tires. They are crap. I tried running them on my LST and stripped 4 hubs in one day on the track. Their plastic does not hold up AT ALL. I think they are like $40 per set, or at least they were when I bought them.

every now and then they pop up on ebay i have a set ufos with dozer wheels they look great on the savage
100_2325.jpg
yeah they look awesome i miss seeing these wheels they look amazing.

Those are Hot Bodies UFO wheels and Fireball tires. Part #s 61219,61220. I'm not sure if they were discontinued or not,their site shows they can be back ordered.

Yeah i went to their site and got this message when i tried asking a question on their mailing page. "Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/httpd/vhosts/hotbodiesonline.com/httpdocs/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 106

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to hpimail3.hpiracing.com:25 (Unknown error) in /home/httpd/vhosts/hotbodiesonline.com/httpdocs/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 106
Error. Our webmaster is aware of this issue and is working on it."

They are Hot Bodies wheels/tires. They are crap. I tried running them on my LST and stripped 4 hubs in one day on the track. Their plastic does not hold up AT ALL. I think they are like $40 per set, or at least they were when I bought them.
wow really ? well i might just leave the stockers on there for now then... either those or t maxx wheels.. i usually like 5 spoke wheels.

Last edited:
This is off subject but would it be alright to run traxxas fuel in the savage ? i really dont wanna have to buy 2 separate gallons of fuel for my jato and savage. that would be expensive.

Yeap, brand doesn't matter. I've been running traxxas 20% since I bought my savage.

Yeap, brand doesn't matter. I've been running traxxas 20% since I bought my savage.

Ok great because i mean in a way i do wanna run what HPI suggests but its just too expensive and i know they would say * just run HPI 20% nitro*

So thats nice to know. I'm just glad i dont have to spend like 70 bucks for 2 gallons ha.

Thank you

This is off subject but would it be alright to run traxxas fuel in the savage ? i really dont wanna have to buy 2 separate gallons of fuel for my jato and savage. that would be expensive.

Only thing that really "matters" is nitromethane content and the oil percentage for lubrication. Fancy labels and advertising costs! I know alot of airplane guys that still mix their own blends for the plane engines. Old timers mostly though.:D

Ok.... I'm going to be THAT guy. You are a self proclaimed "RC Guru" yet you dont know the answer to this question? Really? I've met maybe 10 people on this entire site who i would consider guru's.

Ok.... I'm going to be THAT guy. You are a self proclaimed "RC Guru" yet you dont know the answer to this question? Really? I've met maybe 10 people on this entire site who i would consider guru's.

+1 on that!

I have been doing it off and on since the early 90s and I still am not a Guru....know a lot..yeah but guru no. He must have been testing us.

I Run Traxxas Fuel

I run traxxas 20% in all of my engines: OS 12/ OS 18/ pro.15/ 8.0/ 5.9/ GS .21 with no problems. Traxxas is some good fuel and if I could not run traxxas, I would run byrons 20% with 16% lube. The only downside is that it makes a mess around the exhaust.

dude thats amazing.. i was looking all over and coudnt find them... thanks !!

So because I've never ran HPI nor moved away from traxxas I'm suddenly not knowledgeable in rc ? I've been into nitro about 6-7 years or so and before that electric since i was five.. During those years I've managed to work on my cars with out dropping them off at a shop to get worked on.. when i got into nitro i even had friends dropping their trucks off for rebuilds and other repairs... now I'm not trying to brag but your basically saying i know nothing based of a question to make sure.

Sorry if i like running what factory companies require because they typically know whats best for their cars. With what I've said my point is when you see under my profile guru.. dont have a suddenly expect me to know EVERYTHING.. I personally would consider my self a guru because i work on my own stuff and i know how to do it right. there for i can pass my experience on to other members when they post a thread asking for a help ill usually be posting in there trying to get his/her car out back on the track again.

I have been doing it off and on since the early 90s and I still am not a Guru....know a lot..yeah but guru no. He must have been testing us.

But then what do you consider a guru ? i mean if you have experience.. and can basically completely repair... upgrade, do anything to your rc and have it run correctly.. what would you call it ?

If i get this much trouble because of something on my profile. ill change it so i dont have to be harassed.

Most of us here aren't around to run people off or make them mad but guru simply implies you know it all. There's a wide variety of r/c's out there and knowing all about the one you have doesn't make you a guru. The question about fuel is a very novice question and really you don't need a lot of experience to answer that one.

Most of us here aren't around to run people off or make them mad but guru simply implies you know it all. There's a wide variety of r/c's out there and knowing all about the one you have doesn't make you a guru. The question about fuel is a very novice question and really you don't need a lot of experience to answer that one.

Well i guess considering I've been in traxxas most of my days I've just ran traxxas fuel.. i like to run what factory requires. i guess I'm so used to running same company fuel its kinda like i naturally just buy the fuel they require but this time since i have 2 different company rc's its just new to me never owning an HPI.

So maybe it was a novice question but it was purely out of just wondering what other people run. But I've been on forums before usually anyone will jump on you for something.

Back