HobbyKing Sabertooth Nitro Basher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJegidi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Just purchased a Sabertooth Nitro Basher. i was looking to get back into a nitro r/c and this one popped for a decent price so i jumped on it. I have a buncch of electric r/c, but haven't had a nitro one in 15 plus years. I know is been discontinued for a while, so parts are not readily available. But like i said... the price was right so ill roll the dice. So a couple of beginner questions

-How do i know what(if any) starter boxes are compatible?
-Battery packs for Servo/Rx/Tx - what's recommended?
-Came ARR, so no Rx/Tx - I have a spare Spektrum DX3 with SR6110at. i assume it would be compatible?
-Any other tips for this unit would be greatly appreciated!

Sabertooth.jpg

Thanks!

Looks good, hope it works great for you.
Showed up today, got it assembled (seller partially disassembled it for cheaper shipping) started right up. Installed a futaba 3pv system I had, overall a cool little truggy. Only issue I had with purchase was the lack of protection that the seller put in it, body has a crack in it because of the lack of bubble wrap or paper. Keep an eye open for a nice lid for me!

Showed up today, got it assembled (seller partially disassembled it for cheaper shipping) started right up. Installed a futaba 3pv system I had, overall a cool little truggy. Only issue I had with purchase was the lack of protection that the seller put in it, body has a crack in it because of the lack of bubble wrap or paper. Keep an eye open for a nice lid for me!
Wow that’s kind of crappy for the seller to ship without any protection. You’d think he’d want to do everything to minimize risk of a return.

Back