Where Do I Find.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But then what do you consider a guru ? i mean if you have experience.. and can basically completely repair... upgrade, do anything to your rc and have it run correctly.. what would you call it ?

If i get this much trouble because of something on my profile. ill change it so i dont have to be harassed.

I'm not looking to give anyone a hard time, but if you've been into nitro for that many years then you should know about the fuel. I've been at it for a few months and was able to answer that. Read my posts and you'll see that I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box. There's no shame in not knowing a ton of stuff in this hobby because it is so huge and encompasses so much. No one here will give you crap for not knowing, but to claim Guru and not know fuel basics is a bit contradicting. You're not "in trouble", some people call it like they see it. Be a little more modest or atleast fully understand a title you claim, especially one that generally is withheld for those who deserve it.
Guru:
a. A recognized leader in a field.
b. A trusted counselor and adviser; a mentor.
c. One who has mastered a field.
d. A subject matter expert.

I'm not looking to give anyone a hard time, but if you've been into nitro for that many years then you should know about the fuel. I've been at it for a few months and was able to answer that. Read my posts and you'll see that I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box. There's no shame in not knowing a ton of stuff in this hobby because it is so huge and encompasses so much. No one here will give you crap for not knowing, but to claim Guru and not know fuel basics is a bit contradicting. You're not "in trouble", some people call it like they see it. Be a little more modest or atleast fully understand a title you claim, especially one that generally is withheld for those who deserve it.
Guru:
a. A recognized leader in a field.
b. A trusted counselor and adviser; a mentor.
c. One who has mastered a field.
d. A subject matter expert.

I understand but like i said considering all my nitro days have been with traxxas products I've noticed they run best with their own traxxas fuel it seems.. so what i was saying is that since I've never had experience with HPI i wanted to buy HPI fuel but its simply not in my budget to buy 2 different gallons of fuel.. it was just a matter of seeing more the majority of people would use. when ever you post stuff asking what is a good fuel for this or that.. everyone usually posts what they use. When it comes to traxxas i would consider my self a guru.. with no experience in other companies of course i don't consider my self a guru.

But like i also said earlier i would change it.. don't like conflict. I usually defend my opinion so i guess maybe it seems like I'm being aggressive or not handling it well. I just personally believe in the reasons i put my profile as guru. Fuel question in my opinion wasn't that big of a deal since I've never ran anything else but traxxas.

Last edited:
When I lived in Japan they had Toyota and Subaru gas stations......but I drive a Nissan.....can I still fill up there?

When I lived in Japan they had Toyota and Subaru gas stations......but I drive a Nissan.....can I still fill up there?

Wow thats neat different company gas stations. Ohh and one of the reasons is the company i bought it from said the truck needs a specific lubrication % in the fuel. and i dont know the nitro to lube % is in traxxas. The company really made it sound serious that i get that specific ratio. I think it was like 16 % lubrication and honestly I've never looked at those ratio's for fuel. so when they said that i didnt know if traxxas has that or not.

So idk if all 20% nitro fuel has 16 % lubrication or if you can buy fuel specifically for more or less lubrication. All of my nitro days never have studied fuel or anything about it. It was always like just pour it in and I'm good. I guess i was just the one thing I've never had much insight on.

It was ToyoPet gas with the big "yota" emblem on the sign. Actually you will find that Traxxas fuel is not really that great after running a few others. After I ran some other fuel brands Top Fuel would be one of my last choices. I live in Korea...I though I would give the native brand a try...$35 a gallon. Nope it sucks bad so I am going to fork out the $60 a gallon for the O'Donnalds 30%. Try some it will wake your engines up. Also with a quality fuel 16% is too high IMO....I have ran may fuels with as little as 8% oil and never had longevity issues.....but again high quality fuels.

It was ToyoPet gas with the big "yota" emblem on the sign. Actually you will find that Traxxas fuel is not really that great after running a few others. After I ran some other fuel brands Top Fuel would be one of my last choices. I live in Korea...I though I would give the native brand a try...$35 a gallon. Nope it sucks bad so I am going to fork out the $60 a gallon for the O'Donnalds 30%. Try some it will wake your engines up. Also with a quality fuel 16% is too high IMO....I have ran may fuels with as little as 8% oil and never had longevity issues.....but again high quality fuels.

But so wouldnt that give me good reason to ask such question ? soo many different percentages to choose from and having multiple people tell you different can be confusing. I ordered the savage from omnimodels, they seem to know their stuff. so its like listen to a forum .. or find out how to find 25%/16% fuel.

I'm not sure about 30% I've personally never ran it but i know my friend with his savage ran it and it had a very short engine life. He eventually went OS but from what I've seen with 30% id like to keep the engine lasting alittle longer than what his was lasting. I dont think i would be able to afford 60$ a gallon. After Buying this truck i really dont want to go into debt from fuel.

His is so expensive because its gotta be shipped oconus to his location and anytime fuel is shipped it incurs a $25 hazmat fee plus shipping.

Ahhh ok, i was about to say there is probably no way i personally would pay 60$ for fuel.

Most shops its all the same price or atleast within $5. My shop sells it all for $27-$35 a gallon regardless of brand. Blue thunder, odonnels, traxxas, so on.

MY closest place sells traxxas 20% for 37 bucks.. closest place is like 45 or so miles away so its like when i go out there I'm not coming back for awhile. i hate living where i live.

My whole point behind it is that new people come onto the forum, and automatically think that they are guru's because they have a little knowledge about a specific RC field. Som they come on here, say they they know everything, then ask stupid questions. (and by stupid questions, I don't mean stupid as in the question itself is stupid, but it's stupidnthat a self proclaimed guru doesn't know the answer). Either they do that, or come on here boasting that they know everything there isnto know about RC, they can fix your own rig better than you, and generally talk about he amazing they are, and just get on everyone nerves like lightfighter started doing with his "when you step up I'll build you a bulletproof tranny" on his 3rd post here.

I have one place pretty close but the only other I know of is in Seoul....I know OF it not where it actually is. The 25% fuel I am currently running I am NOT happy with at all. I will deal with it because I am not going to waste it. The TRX fuel is way more oily than it needs to be because they play it safe and figure most of the people that use it are new and don't know how to tune an engine. So making it slobber with oil is the safe bet. I am not fond of that. As far as 30% is concerned....I see NO difference in life of the engines vs. 20%. Until now I have ran exclusively 30% for the last 5-6 years. With 30% you get a cleaner burn and more oxygen is produced in the burn so you can run a little richer and get more power.....the little richer = more oil so I am not seeing how that is going to reduce the life of an engine unless you can't tune and are running them over lean. Also with 30% I can get away with cold plugs....cold plugs last longer generally since the glow filament is thicker than a hot plug so that is also a bonus. They also tend to have less flux in temp of the plug when running so I find them easier to tune....maybe this is just my observation I have made over the years....

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to run 20% nitrotane in my LST. Which was great, then I began to run 30% nitrogen, which was much better, but felt restricted. So I upgraded from a 1mil head shim to a 2mil, and it really really woke up.

So far I have only had to shim one engine running 30%. The one LRP I had had crazy compression so I had to put in two shims. Then it was GTG.

My whole point behind it is that new people come onto the forum, and automatically think that they are guru's because they have a little knowledge about a specific RC field. Som they come on here, say they they know everything, then ask stupid questions. (and by stupid questions, I don't mean stupid as in the question itself is stupid, but it's stupidnthat a self proclaimed guru doesn't know the answer). Either they do that, or come on here boasting that they know everything there isnto know about RC, they can fix your own rig better than you, and generally talk about he amazing they are, and just get on everyone nerves like lightfighter started doing with his "when you step up I'll build you a bulletproof tranny" on his 3rd post here.

Might as well just say you instead of they lol i can tell your talking about me. But the thing is, is your kind of making it sound alot worse than it really is. Most of those things i never claimed.. I have claimed i do have experience and can work on cars and mainly can figure out problems and give advice. In my personal opinion i thought of my self as a guru. But since this thread has turned into a whole argument because of a question i asked its like i was just a target to instantly be called out and i just personally think this is very unnecessary having about 2 pages of arguments. I changed my profile info so i dont make enemies on this forum.

With all that being said ill leave this thread alone now because i dont see the point in going on.

I use some kind of blue fuel for the one with the blue cooling head, and a pink looking fuel for the one with the red cooling head.
I need to know where I can get some yellow looking fuel for this one:

sav7.jpg

What a noob, Rolex the cooling head is silver, use grey fuel. Derr!