when do you guys usually change youe revos a arms if they arent broken

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TypeONegative

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
when do you change them, min are pretty gouged up and chunked, skud plates to, at what point do you guys replace the a arms and skid plates?

when do you change them, min are pretty gouged up and chunked, skud plates to, at what point do you guys replace the a arms and skid plates?

It wouldn't hurt if you started looking for good deals on that stuff right now to keep on hand!
You can replace with RPM hop ups ,an should be able to find good deals on E-bay.
Good thing about RPM ,is its reasonably priced an top quality product!...:cool:

You should have a backup set like cbaker said. But there really is no need to switch them until they break. For the arms other reasons would be excessive wear creating slop or stripped pivot ball holes. Skids you want to change those before it starts to eat the head off the screw, a little bit is ok, but you don't want it to get to the point you can't get the screw out.

Also small tip, stay away from the RPM axle carriers, the pivot balls are apparently notorious for popping out of them. Unless they've changed the design I would stick with the Traxxas carriers.

My rrevo and Jato have stockers in there excepting the one I replaced in the revo the very first run in the brand new truck. The shop I bought it from only had stock, no rpm parts so that's all I had. Anyways, although I have toyed with the idea of changing them over, I just have no good reason to do so. They have been thru hell and back and just keep on going. If you want to dress it up or make it more bullet proof, I would go with the RPM arms. I can't stress strongly enough about staying far away from aluminum unless you are building a shelf queen. I doont have experience with the carrier

I change them to RPM when I get the truck, then keep the stock ones for spares. Then I only replace them when they break... if they break.

Back