Wheel poll? Aluminum or Black?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What wheel to use?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
I bought some wheels & tires ,however I wanted to go back with my aluminum wheels for my Mgt. ,but
the new black style wheels look good too ,so I am undecided now on which one to use ,so I am posting up a
poll to see what my Fellow RCer's would use!..:hehe:...:cool:

Here is a vid of the wheels ,the vid is also being polled on Y-tube ,but polls will be counted here as well ,
so can post here too to be counted ,just pick an say Black or Aluminum!...:thumbs-up:

Last edited:
Black. Or get black aluminum annodize, and shave off the edges so you have silver metal outliine, similar to aftermarket truck wheels.

I've said it before: I typically like black wheels on 1:1, but chrome/aluminum on rc. I just find that black on our miniature rc gets lost, whereas a silver base color pops with black tires.

I've said it before: I typically like black wheels on 1:1, but chrome/aluminum on rc. I just find that black on our miniature rc gets lost, whereas a silver base color pops with black tires.
So true. When you have black wheels, the details basically disappear. Details like anodized wheel nuts and machining after anodize help a lot though.

Screenshot_20210926-080826_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I bought some wheels & tires ,however I wanted to go back with my aluminum wheels for my Mgt. ,but
the new black style wheels look good too ,so I am undecided now on which one to use ,so I am posting up a
poll to see what my Fellow RCer's would use!..:hehe:...:cool:

Here is a vid of the wheels ,the vid is also being polled on Y-tube ,but polls will be counted here as well ,
so can post here too to be counted ,just pick an say Black or Aluminum!...:thumbs-up:

Those BLACK wheels look SWEET!!! They all do really. I have extra Tmaxx wheels if you would like the tires again. Not dry rotted or nothing🤔🤔 they just need to be cleaned...👍👍

Attachments

• 16326585630011978295905419738400.jpg
    16326585630011978295905419738400.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 35
  • 16326585921128647379137199870604.jpg
    16326585921128647379137199870604.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 34
I'll look around on their website. My MTs use 3.8 and the Losis use slighter bigger than that

I am going to go with the aluminum ones ,my wife just brought me home some glue from work ,so
I got two more wheels to clean up an I wheel start the glue process tomorrow out side ,because of
the potent vapors!..:hehe:...:cheers:

I am going to go with the aluminum ones ,my wife just brought me home some glue from work ,so
I got two more wheels to clean up an I wheel start the glue process tomorrow out side ,because of
the potent vapors!..:hehe:...:cheers:

They are looking very shinny. They look awesome good job. That is a different pattern interesting. I always set the tire with that V point facing forward. As it would dig into the dirt or sand. Either way sweet set up bud like the new tires aslo👍

They are looking very shinny. They look awesome good job. That is a different pattern interesting. I always set the tire with that V point facing forward. As it would dig into the dirt or sand. Either way sweet set up bud like the new tires aslo👍
I run mine backwards. I feel it grabs more shoving in and compacting vs pinching and tossing out the dirt.