Whats wrong with the idle?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoldr

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So I am having a problem with my idle. The actual idle screw doesn't do much to the carb I noticed, and the throttle trim on the remote has to be set completely counterclockwise in order for the car to even start! How can I reset this and why is this happened? I can provide more information if you need it, also I can provide pictures and videos if necessary. Thank you, I would really like to get this sorted ASAP

Pics and video would be helpful. If you have a slide carb (meaning the throttle servo pulls the slide out of the carb) then make sure that the idle screw is installed correctly. There is a guide on the carb slide that the idle screw should fit into. If the screw is NOT in this guide...it won't really work at all and if you screw the idle screw in all the way...the carb slide won't move properly. I would check that first....if that is fine...I would say your tune is WAY off.

not knowing the brand ill go out on a limb. but plastic body carbs can strip out some times. if its a traxxas 3.3 a new plastic body is about $15 a new complete carb is about $45.00. on a 3.3 traxxas you can swap a O.S. #11 slide 18tz/21tm mf#21982000 stock no. osmg3665. cost about $85. i have two on 3.3s wouldnt trade them for any thing. oh the O.S. is a aluminum body. also it is a straight bolt in, with 3 adjusting needles.

I've been playing around with it and noticed this:

If I let out the idle screw so that the throttle trim on the remote does something, the car would die when you give it brake because it closes the carb all the way. if I have it set so that the brake doesn't do that, if I put the throttle trim on the remote all the way counterclockwise it applies brake. meaning it goes all the way back. Is that normal?

if it was me i wld be...

adjusting ur trims back to zero...
adjusting ur idles screw so there is a 1 to 2 mm gap in ur carb...
Resetting the LSN ans HSN back to factory settings..
And going from there...

I had that problem on the first carb I had. It wasn't the idle screw, It was the carb not letting the slide work properly along with the idle screw being stripped.