whats the rubber type glue??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok i am on putting the brakes on the kyosho mp777 special 1, but it says to apply rubber glue on the screw for the breakes? what is that :shrug:

well should i use anything on these screws for the breakes? how about blue locktite? they are just screws? what has everybody else done

dunno to be honest.

the rubber glue is Black CA glue, its just ca glue with some rubber mixxed in it your lhs should have some

For brake pads I have always just used rubber cement. The kind you get at the office supply house. If you put some on your fingers and rub them together it makes little snot balls. I don't see any reason you can't use silicon sealant. You don't need much. You don't want a glue that drys hard it will make an un-even surface under the bad and cause high spots. You also want a glue that is easy to remove when you replace the pads.

For the brake screws you can use a small amount of lock-tight if its metal to metal contact. If the metal screw is going into plastic, nothing is needed.

Last edited:
It's not rubber glue, it's rubber cement, and like FastEddy says, it's available in any office supply or Walmart or art supply. You brush it on both mating surfaces, let it dry, then press them together. It comes off when you need to change it. It's the same procedure used to bond a sanding disc to a disc sander. Silicone will work, but it will be a real hassle to clean off when you need to change the slipper.

I'm guessing its a type of plastic locktite

kyosho138 said:
I'm guessing its a type of plastic locktite

No guessing needed. All the proper information for the products needed for the application are listed above.

fast eddy i just use rtv silicon, works fine, isnt to bad to get off, ahhum having said that :)

So you put the cement on the brake pad, let it dry, slide the brake pad and disk on, and screw in the screws.

oops sry i never read the posts above really haha

Assuming you are using rubber cement,you will put the glue on the back side of the pad, then on the metal plate. Once it is dry to the touch press the two together.

Most of the time you will need to put a plate and pad on first then the brake disk, then the other pad. If it uses a duel disk setup, you will then place another metal plate with a pad on each side, a brake disk, then the last plate with pad.

While holding all this in place with your penis use your two hands and place a bolt through all the metal plates and into the housing. Do this on both sides. Adjust the bolts as needed.

Its difficult getting everything aligned and in place.

Last edited:
While holding all this in place with your penis

Its difficult getting everything aligned and in place.

and all this time i thought it was just me who had these problems....ROFLMAO

THATS FUNNY RITE THAR I DONT CARE WHO YA'S ARE....LOL

hahah, ur are right about one thing, getting those bolts in are a pain without extra hands

The cool thing is I have done it so may time I've grown little fingers on the end of mine. They come in handy and my wife has grown fond of them as well.

On a serious note. I have some FAT rubber bands in the shop that I use for many things. I found them helpful in holding everything together while trying to get the bolts in.

Does anybody have a pic of what you guys are talking about? I read what your saying and I don't understand what your talking about.

You want a pic of mt penis?
You little devil you!

Attachments

• pads.jpg
    pads.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
wow its a center diff.??? Where do you use the glue stuff?

Back