whats the best lipo battery for a scx10? stock

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmarcial27

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok guys i just brought my scx10 I'm going to change the motor to brushless. but i need to buy a battery now. should i wait until i buy the new motor? i want a battery that will last me a long time... STRONG BATTERY !!! I'm new to this rc cars hobby... I'm not looking for top stop I'm looking for will power... torque ... what motor should i buy?

@vmarcial27 - the battery charger I personally use is the Hyperion EOS0606i and love it. It will charge anything you throw at it as well as balance.

Two other chargers I've heard a lot about is the Duratrax Onyx 245 which is nice because it will charge two batteries at the same time. The last one I've seen recommended is the Thunder AC6 Smart LiPo Balance Charger, it's much cheaper than the Duratrax or Hyperion, but I can't speak as to how well it works.

As I've said I use the Hyperion and believe you can't go wrong with this charger.

Last edited:
For batteries I use sky lipos. There not a bad battery priced reasonably. A 5000mah and at 40c will.be good. 2s is a good starting point. Check to see if your esc and motor can handle a 3s.there a couple dollars more, but you have more power.

gensacearespammers are usually what I like to buy. Sky is my second choice if the Gens arent available. The Skys are pretty good but they dont chart quite as well as the Gens. They are cheaper though so whatever fits your budget.