whats an inexpensive transmitter/receiver with a built in fail safe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausher

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Around 50 bucks. Flysky any good? For a nitro revo...
Thanks.

The Flysky gt3b is a great TX/RX for bashing. I've been using one for a couple of years now. I have it pretty heavily modified which has improved it even more :)

I've modded it to use a 3S 2200mah lipo, I replaced the steering wheel bushing with a bearing so its smoother and a lil less "springy", I've flipped the polarizing screen around so its easier to read, and I've soldered a 4 pin connector from OverkillRC.com on the main board and bought the kit to flash 3rd party firmware to it which fixes the EXPO problem and improves the functionality and supposedly also lowers the latency also but if it really did reduce the latency i can't tell it with the naked eye, so to speak.

What's the difference in the "B" and "C"?

I may be wrong but the "C" Is the newest one on the market, unsure of any differences.

the C is newer than the B but the main differences are cosmetic with the exception of the C is now powered by a LIon battery (800mah) like youd find in a cell phone only with less mah value. The C is also plagued by power button failure issues. They both use the same RX if I'm not mistaken. Personally Id get the B and mod it to use 3S 2200mah lipo packs. There are other mods you can do to the B as well

Well I ordered the "C" off eBay... see how it works out when it gets here. Definitely check out the power button to see how I can prevent any failures....

You can read up on it...most people usually end up dremeling out a spot on the TX somewhere and mounting an on/off switch there instead of in the steering wheel. Hopefully you dont experience the problem but if you do it can be fixed. You can order firmware hack kits for the C as well as the B if you're into that sort of thing.

Got it
Seems to be pretty sturdy yet light. The rubber back strap is nice. Getting used to the features. The power button works fine so far.
2013-02-02_19-29-14_940_zps35c17a1a.gif

Sweet! The C is definitely cooler looking than the B. If I didnt have a B the was modded out the wazoo Id have been tempted to get one of those myself although I do like having a 2200mAh lipo pack.

Back