Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree. Around here, the Sunfish, Bass, Catfish, etc all get along just fine. One of the most amazing fishing experiences I had was when I took my mom to a friend's stocked pond to fish. She pulled in 10 hybrid bluegill, all 10" long and bigger. The largest was just shy of 12" long.
Ounce for ounce, sunfish are better fighters than bass or trout, due to that wide, flat shape. A large sunfish on ultralight gear is just as awesome as a 4lb bass on 8lb test line.
0627201605d.jpg

Last edited:
I've always loved that picture @Xraycer . I agree, panfish are incredible.
Honestly, to me, Trout is the nastiest tasting fish there is.
Salmon is disgusting.
To be fair, the majority of my food has to say MOOOOO
But I can live on Crappie...:D:D:D

Last edited:
Ounce for ounce, sunfish are better fighters than bass or trout, due to that wide, flat shape. A large sunfish on ultralight gear is just as awesome as a 4lb bass on 8lb test line.
View attachment 178836
Judging by your wrist he put up a good fight.

I've always loved that picture @Xraycer . I agree, panfish are incredible.
Honestly, to me, Trout is the nastiest tasting fish there is.
Salmon is disgusting.
Don't you disparage salmon, Frogboy!
I love salmon, but I know it's got that strong, unique flavor that many don't like.
Judging by your wrist he put up a good fight.
Tail end of poison ivy(?)

I love salmon, but I know it's got that strong, unique flavor that many don't like.
Anybody that doesn't like Salmon is a communist 😁

I love Salmon. It's one of the fish I can cook well, but I don't get it very often.

I love Salmon. It's one of the fish I can cook well, but I don't get it very often.
Is that why we got communist here? 🤣 I thought they were brainwashed. Silly me.

20240112_111644.jpg

Tail end of poison ivy(?)
Bess not ask me. I can't remember what I had for dinner half the time let alone that days events. Besides we were drinking that night. I don't know how we got home. 🤣

In cases like this, I'll be communist.
I lived in Alaska for a year and had to survive on that crap for a winter.
I'll take a double baconator please.

3 cast, 3 large mouth bass. That's my daughter, we call her Boog. She can throwa 1-2 combination punch, like no other girl. 🤣
20240112_120834.jpg

We just have fishin for bass. 🤣
A bad day fishing, Is better than a good day at work. :cool:

Last edited:
Is that why we got communist here? 🤣 I thought they were brainwashed. Silly me.

View attachment 178849

Bess not ask me. I can't remember what I had for dinner half the time let alone that days events. Besides we were drinking that night. I don't know how we got home. 🤣
You must of been drinking, rice in a burito is sacrilege.

After watching a number of documentaries, I steer clear of farmed salmon and other aquacultural critters. Wild caught for me.

We would salmon fish Granite Creek in Sutton Alaska. The creek ran through my boss's land so we would snag the salmon when they were spawning.
Yes I know, slightly illegal but honest officer, that was my brother.:eek:
Actually Granite Creek is so swift, it would snap a salmon outfit in half so we used closet rod and clothesline with huge treble hooks to snag them.
Next time I get out to the truck I'll grab the picture of my two oldest daughters and I holding one of the kings. They are huge.

In cases like this, I'll be communist.
I lived in Alaska for a year and had to survive on that crap for a winter.
I'll take a double baconator please.

I am to be fully supporting Comrade @Tunedpipe 's decision to not be eating the Salmon fishes.

162-1622118_poison-dart-frog-red-close-up-jumping-poisonous.jpg

We would salmon fish Granite Creek in Sutton Alaska. The creek ran through my boss's land so we would snag the salmon when they were spawning.
Yes I know, slightly illegal but honest officer, that was my brother.:eek:
Actually Granite Creek is so swift, it would snap a salmon outfit in half so we used closet rod and clothesline with huge treble hooks to snag them.
Next time I get out to the truck I'll grab the picture of my two oldest daughters and I holding one of the kings. They are huge.
As promised, HOWEVER: I had to trek through the NON-10" snow storm we didn't get last night but I weathered the storm.

My two oldest daughters and myself many years ago in Alaska, King Salmon fishing on Granit Creek.

IMG_1232.JPG

As promised, HOWEVER: I had to trek through the NON-10" snow storm we didn't get last night but I weathered the storm.

My two oldest daughters and myself many years ago in Alaska, King Salmon fishing on Granit Creek.

View attachment 178856
Too cute man. Your daughters and the fish are as well ☺️

They aren't as cute as they used to be, one hates me and the other is bat chit crazy.
You can almost look at the pic and guess which one is which.
Kayla on the left has the same look on here face, forever hating the world and Carie on the right has the same look today.
Looking away is if I don't exist. True story. To this day, I have no clue why. Heart breaking but true.

Back