Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't matter to me. Creamy and cheap. Been getting Hannaford? brand at Aldis. Tastes the same to me. Lol.

Same here. Before I croak, I'd like to go to the east coast. Take in a few of the sites. Eat as much fresh seafood as possible and go back home. MN is a long way from getting fresh seafood. Unless you count walleye. Lol.

Then you should have made them with chicken. I make a mean chicken fajita. Not a huge fan of green peppers. So I use a combo of yellow, orange or red. Whatever is available.
🤣Creamy and cheap. Like my ex. 🤣 🤣. HA HA HA HA HA. 🤣

But Walleye is one if the best fishes on the planet. The best fish meal I have had by far was a butter poached Walleye dish.
Agreed. But, I can eat it anytime I want. Fresh. Land of 10,000 lakes. Every fall I put a package or two in the freezer. Because you don't know when the ice will be thick enough to get more. This year there is no ice! Crazy. I have one package left. It'll have to tide me over until May when we hit 4 different lakes in a week. Cook them several ways and bring some home. Can't wait!
Nope, when I cook, I make what I want to eat. With a family of 5, each wanting different things, I can't making 5 different meals. If someone is not happy with what's being served, there's leftovers, they can make something for themselves, or go out and buy what they want.
Now, these are my kids, but they're no longer kids. The youngest is 16. They are welcomed to make dinner whenever and as often as they wish.
It was meant as humor. I was the same way raising two boys by myself. Eat what I make or make your own. This isn't a restaurant. Ocassionally they'd make something else. I tried not to make something I KNEW would piss one or the other off. I cooked those meals on the rare ocassion they spent time with their mother.

I'll have to give the pork a try. Always been steak or chicken. Hmmm.

I'll have to give the pork a try. Always been steak or chicken. Hmmm.
Use pork tenderloins. Very tender. I forgot there's shrimp in the freezer. Surf and turf fajitas would have been even better! Next time.

Last edited:
But Walleye is one if the best fishes on the planet. The best fish meal I have had by far was a butter poached Walleye dish.
I've yet had the chance to try walleye. My favorite fish: halibut, opah, raw yellowtail jack.

We plan on Jambalia tomorrow. :cool:
We do swordfish ,salmon, trout, halibut, haddock is my favorite. :thumbs-up: tilapia on a bad day.
On a good day we take haddock, shrimp, mussels, scallops, steamers, and Maine lobster tails on top. It's a tomato based broth. Yummy. 🦞

Last edited:
For fishin, we go for large mouth bass. We catch and release. Rainbow trout lures only. If we catch sunfish we slap em on the surface to kill em. They wreak havoc to the good fish.

I've yet had the chance to try walleye. My favorite fish: halibut, opah, raw yellowtail jack.
You won't be disappointed if you get the chance.
We plan on Jambalia tomorrow. :cool:
We do swordfish ,salmon, trout, halibut, haddock is my favorite. :thumbs-up: tilapia on a bad day.
On a good day we take haddock, shrimp, mussels, scallops, steamers, and Maine lobster tails on top. It's a tomato based broth. Yummy. 🦞
Ooooh. Jambalia. Haven't made that in a while. Usually make it with sausage and shrimp. Because I can't get other fresh seafood. Still awesome and worth the effort.
The only fish I will eat is Crappie "I love it" .
My second favorite fish. Only because I catch more of them than walleye. Lol. I'll make a pig of myself with some fresh fried crappies. Lol.

For fishin, we go for large mouth bass. We catch and release. Rainbow trout lures only. If we catch sunfish we slap em on the surface to kill em. They wreak havoc to the good fish.
I’m convinced the only reason sunfish exist is for bait I can never get enough of them.

You won't be disappointed if you get the chance.

Ooooh. Jambalia. Haven't made that in a while. Usually make it with sausage and shrimp. Because I can't get other fresh seafood. Still awesome and worth the effort.

My second favorite fish. Only because I catch more of them than walleye. Lol. I'll make a pig of myself with some fresh fried crappies. Lol.
I pig out myself with Crappie. My wife has never tried it until I fixed it when we first got together.
She can't get enough of it.

I pig out myself with Crappie. My wife has never tried it until I fixed it when we first got together.
She can't get enough of it.
You turned her into an addict. How crappie of you. 🤣

I do shrimp alot. I never had crappie I don't think.
Ok, ok, No more fish jokes about my ex. 🤣 🤣 HA, Ha, HA. I can't take it anymore.🤣🤣🤣. No more peanut butter jokes either. HA HA HA, wow that was funny,🥲
Kinda curious about the peanut butter joke stuff. I guess some things are best left unsaid. 🤔🤔😂🤣

Last edited:
I like cheeseburgers. :)

Sexy Burger GIF

Eat them. Sunfish are great little fryers. Easy to clean too.
Sunfish are my favorite local freshwater fish. Great flavor! I would take bluegill meat over trout any day. Sunfish also includes crappie. Since they are on the smaller side and takes more time to clean, people usually don't often bother with them. I'm usually a catch and release guy, but every now and then I do decide on a sunfish fish fry and put forth the effort to cleaning 'em.
Most sunfish species are natives, so there's no need to kill them. They belong in their ecosystem, and keeps things balanced. Sure they'll raid bass' nests, but ultimately bass will predate sunfish. Rainbow trouts on the other hand are introduced and stocked, and don't belong. Luckily, they don't do well in warmer waters so are not prolific.

Sunfish are my favorite local freshwater fish. Great flavor! I would take bluegill meat over trout any day. Sunfish also includes crappie. Since they are on the smaller side and takes more time to clean, people usually don't often bother with them. I'm usually a catch and release guy, but every now and then I do decide on a sunfish fish fry and put forth the effort to cleaning 'em.
Most sunfish species are natives, so there's no need to kill them. They belong in their ecosystem, and keeps things balanced. Sure they'll raid bass' nests, but ultimately bass will predate sunfish. Rainbow trouts on the other hand are introduced and stocked, and don't belong. Luckily, they don't do well in warmer waters so are not prolific.
Totally agree. Around here, the Sunfish, Bass, Catfish, etc all get along just fine. One of the most amazing fishing experiences I had was when I took my mom to a friend's stocked pond to fish. She pulled in 10 hybrid bluegill, all 10" long and bigger. The largest was just shy of 12" long.

Back