Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dayum, that looks fire!

Dinner: Grilled flank steak and baked gold potatoes with butter. Not very tender, but fantastic flavor. Especially, when combined with the buttery potatoes.
Dessert were 2 sweet persimmons. My sister, in Los Angeles, sent me a box of about 50 these persimmons that has just ripened from her tree.View attachment 156194
A disabled lady I used to help out when I was a kid had a persimmon tree. They were so good.

A disabled lady I used to help out when I was a kid had a persimmon tree. They were so good.
Bro, you are the first non-Asian person I know that has had persimmons and likes it. I don't get how it is that so many Americans have never even heard of persimmons, much less have tasted it, since there is a specie that's indigenous to the Southeast US.
I absolutely love persimmons!

Bro, you are the first non-Asian person I know that has had persimmons and likes it. I don't get how it is that so many Americans have never even heard of persimmons, much less have tasted it, since there is a specie that's indigenous to the Southeast US.
That's interesting. This persimmon tree was actually in Indiana, and it was loaded with fruit every year. I can understand why some people don't like them. It's not a usual fruit from a tree. But I loved them as a kid. Probably haven't had one since I was 12.

Another really good, but obscure fruit is a Paw Paw. Ever had one of these? They have a texture and taste similar to a banana.
170911_pawpaw_031_custom-c2cc8fdbb7de90911a1e0ae99623bf3e85316bcc.jpg

I'm guilty, I've never heard of them.

The wife has a DR. appointment today so she is swinging by the golden arches.
A sausage egg and cheese biscuit is in order.

Back