Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it needed a little gravy to help it go down. ;)
He is very dramatic when he eats. I have to almost empty the bowl during feeding because he likes to dip it. Kinda scary the first time with a full bowl.

Tonight we had to run errands on the way home so we grabbed dinner from one of our favorite mexican spots. I grabbed a verde burrito, it's big and filled with pork, rice, cheese, verde sauce and then drowned in more verde sauce pork and melted cheese.

There is also a little Phillipino place around the corner so we grabbed some lumpia too. Who would have thought but they went well together. :)

Yes, there is actually a very fat burrito under there.:thumbs-up:

PSX_20220406_194657.jpg

Tonight we had to run errands on the way home so we grabbed dinner from one of our favorite mexican spots. I grabbed a verde burrito, it's big and filled with pork, rice, cheese, verde sauce and then drowned in more verde sauce pork and melted cheese.

There is also a little Phillipino place around the corner so we grabbed some lumpia too. Who would have thought but they went well together. :)

Yes, there is actually a very fat burrito under there.:thumbs-up:

View attachment 145033
Dayum that looks tasty.

With all the Asians, and all the Asian eateries, around my region, there aren't any Filipino eateries. WTH! I think it's because most Filipinos here have professional occupations. Living in Hawaii for 5 years and dating a Filipino girl while I was there, I've gotten to taste, and love, a large variety of this wonderful ethnic cuisine.

With all the Asians, and all the Asian eateries, around my region, there aren't any Filipino eateries. WTH! I think it's because most Filipinos here have professional occupations. Living in Hawaii for 5 years and dating a Filipino girl while I was there, I've gotten to taste, and love, a large variety of this wonderful ethnic cuisine.
What does it consist of? Any favorite dishes?

What does it consist of? Any favorite dishes?
Nothing really specific, since it runs a large gamut of flavors and style. But, it tends to be savory and very hearty.
Here's an example from my favorite Filipino cooking YTer:

For dinner, I'd whipped up a large batch of beef stew in the Instant Pot. It came out pretty good. Served it up with a fresh loaf of French baguette.
Since it was a large batch, I brought some over to our good friends around the corner. They sent me home with a large container of Almond Joy chocolate triffle. Score!

Tonight was creamy italian chicken, garlic bread and salad.
View attachment 145258
My oldest daughter would be cringing at this pic. The foods are touching! It's her ocd. At 18, she still eats with sectioned plates at home.

Last week, while at the grocery store, I came across a 5.74lb chunk of bone-in ham for .99/lb. A typically don't even look at the ham bin, but less than $6 for all this meat? I thought it was a no brainer.
Today, Susan perused the web and came across what turned out to be a delicious glaze and gravy recipe. The ham came out delicious as well. I remembered to snap a picture after I had already started chowing.
Finished up the last of the Almond Joy trifle.
0411221904.jpg

Back