Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lmao. Don't get me wrong. I like chili without beans too. especially when I used to be able to eat red meat and pork sausage. But chili isn't an easy recipe to convert to heart healthy and still taste good. But I pulled it off
I just tried to make a chili with chicken breast and it didn't come out too bad, but it really wasn't chili. I used pinto and red beans in it, along with some spanish rice, and my regular chili spices. How do you make yours?

ground turkey chili. I know real chili don't have beans, but I added kidney beans and black beans because, well... beans, beans are good for the heart. the more you eat the more you fart. the more you fart, the better you feel. beans, beans for every meal!

That there is a ton of sodium. I think I got chest pains just looking at that pic. Green beans look good though, lol. My life sucks
This morning, I continued with another high sodium meal. I think I can eat this for every meal forever.
0325220743a.jpg

I just tried to make a chili with chicken breast and it didn't come out too bad, but it really wasn't chili. I used pinto and red beans in it, along with some spanish rice, and my regular chili spices. How do you make yours?
It's an ancient Chinese secret!

JK, I know a lot of people are secretive about their chili recipe but I don't care. Mine isn't any award winner. Its just falls into, what I'm allowed to have in my stupid diet. Usually I'll chop up baby carrots and roast them in the air fryer until they're almost black then stir them into the chili after it's done. I didn't do that this last time because I plan on making my ho-made cajun roasted carrot hummus this weekend.

ground turkey chili

ingredients

1 Tbs olive oil
2 lbs ground turkey
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
2 cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1 Lg onion (chopped)
2 bell peppers (chopped) or 1 bag frozen (I use frozen. its equivalent to 2 peppers but cheaper and already chopped)
4 cups unsalted chicken broth
2 Tbs dried oregano
6 Tbs chili powder
3 Tbs minced garlic
3 Tbs ground cumin
1 Tbs black pepper
1 Tbs paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbs +/- sugar
3 Tbs cornstarch
1/2 cup water
8 oz bag baby carrots (chopped)
1/2 Tbs salt would be about right if you wanted to add it to the chili. It would taste better...

directions

1. heat oil in stock pot on med/high
2. add ground turkey and onion and brown turkey
3. add all other ingredients
4. simmer for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally
5. mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup water and slowly add to chili while stirring
6. while chili simmers, toss carrots in olive oil and roast in air fryer. 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes
7. shake air fryer basket every 5 minutes. stir into finished chili
This morning, I continued with another high sodium meal. I think I can eat this for every meal forever.
replace that bagel with a whole grain bagel and use turkey bacon, butter the bagel with 'I can't believe it's not butter' instead of ketchup and I'd eat the hell out of it.
I just can't eat eggs often. usually when I do, I make omelets on the day I plan on making ho-made pizza for dinner because they share the same ingredients; turkey sausage, turkey bacon, mushrooms, onions, green peppers. the pizzas I make on califlour crusts, use low-moisture mozzarella and a ho-made salt-free pizza sauce that still needs some tweaking to be better.

why do I feel like i joined a food forum and not an RC forum?

Last edited:
It's an ancient Chinese secret!

JK, I know a lot of people are secretive about their chili recipe but I don't care. Mine isn't any award winner. Its just falls into, what I'm allowed to have in my stupid diet. Usually I'll chop up baby carrots and roast them in the air fryer until they're almost black then stir them into the chili after it's done. I didn't do that this last time because I plan on making my ho-made cajun roasted carrot hummus this weekend.

ground turkey chili

ingredients

1 Tbs olive oil
2 lbs ground turkey
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
2 cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1 Lg onion (chopped)
2 bell peppers (chopped) or 1 bag frozen (I use frozen. its equivalent to 2 peppers but cheaper and already chopped)
4 cups unsalted chicken broth
2 Tbs dried oregano
6 Tbs chili powder
3 Tbs minced garlic
3 Tbs ground cumin
1 Tbs black pepper
1 Tbs paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbs +/- sugar
3 Tbs cornstarch
1/2 cup water
8 oz bag baby carrots (chopped)
1/2 Tbs salt would be about right if you wanted to add it to the chili. It would taste better...

directions

1. heat oil in stock pot on med/high
2. add ground turkey and onion and brown turkey
3. add all other ingredients
4. simmer for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally
5. mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup water and slowly add to chili while stirring
6. while chili simmers, toss carrots in olive oil and roast in air fryer. 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes
7. shake air fryer basket every 5 minutes. stir into finished chili

replace that bagel with a whole grain bagel and use turkey bacon, butter the bagel with 'I can't believe it's not butter' instead of ketchup and I'd eat the hell out of it.
I just can't eat eggs often. usually when I do, I make omelets on the day I plan on making ho-made pizza for dinner because they share the same ingredients; turkey sausage, turkey bacon, mushrooms, onions, green peppers. the pizzas I make on califlour crusts, use low-moisture mozzarella and a ho-made salt-free pizza sauce that still needs some tweaking to be better.

why do I feel like i joined a food forum and not an RC forum?
Thanks. I will definitely play with that. I shared my chili recipe way back in this thread. It made some Mexican co-workers ask me for the leftovers one time, which was the highlight of my day. But it's not so much as what you put in your chili, it's getting all the veggies in it to the perfect cook. There is a point when chili is done, and the onions are just translucent, and still have a slight crunch. That's when I know my chili is done.

I have to cook large batches of food and freeze it a lot of times, because I never know what days I will be able to stand at the stove for very long. So I have to cook my food accordingly. Like sometimes I cook my chili a bit less, and finish it when I pull it out of the freezer. It keeps the veggies less gooey.

who can guess what I'm about to eat? hint: that's turkey sausage. not pork sausage, lol

Attachments

• guess.jpg
    guess.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 14
With Mama X still away, tonight's dinner was just a makeshift of leftovers and stuff we have on hand.
Mine was: steak; over shredded lettuce, avocado and salsa; over a couple of small deconstructed baked potatoes with cheese and sour cream. Chopped jalapenos on top.
It was tasty!
0327221932.jpg

I had ground turkey spaghetti with whole grain noodles. I'll be having that for the next 3 nights

Attachments

• 20220327_201401.jpg
    20220327_201401.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 15
I love spaghetti leftovers!

Tonight we had roast chicken, broccolli and cheese rice, and crescent rolls.
I've always preferred red sauce, stews, and chilli after the 2nd day.

Whipped up meatball subs for my son and me this evening. I'd already had a salad for lunch, so I made my son a Caesar salad to go with his sub. Canada Dry ginger ale to wash things down the gullet.

Tonight I think I am stuffing a burrito wrap full of sausage, pepperoni, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and a shitload of cheese and deep frying it into a Chimi and covering it with more pizza sauce, red pepper, and parm.

Back