Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weather is starting to really warm up here and the water is all clear of ice. Starting to get that itch to take the X-yak out. 😀
View attachment 144184
I can't wait either. I have mine all finished with everything I wanted on it. I may be going on Wednesday.

Taco Nacho Tuesday!
PSX_20220322_190820.jpg

Tonight, I made heart-healthy Dirty Rice. Made with ground turkey, onion, green peppers, celery, brown rice and ho-made salt-free cajun seasoning (coulda used more cajun). And corn bread muffins on the side.
Not as good as my jambalaya but it'll make for a good turd

Attachments

• dirty turkey.jpg
    dirty turkey.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 15
Tonight, I made heart-healthy Dirty Rice. Made with ground turkey, onion, green peppers, celery, brown rice and ho-made salt-free cajun seasoning (coulda used more cajun). And corn bread muffins on the side.
Not as good as my jambalaya but it'll make for a good turd
I have never tried cajun anything. I don't even know if there is a restaurant near me that serves any cajun food. Gonna have to look now.

I have never tried cajun anything. I don't even know if there is a restaurant near me that serves any cajun food. Gonna have to look now.
Make your own

cajun seasoning. (I personally omit the salt because of my heart).

2 1/2 Tbs paprika
1 Tbs onion powder
2 Tbs garlic powder
1 Tbs cyanne pepper
1 Tbs black pepper
1 Tbs oregano
1 Tbs thyme
2 Tbs salt

here's an easy Jambalaya recipe I put together. You can add shrimp if you want. I don't because shellfish are high in cholesterol.
I'm sure there's better recipes online but I altered this one to make it an easy recipe. It lacks salt, of course. But if you add salt to your cajun seasoning, it'll be fine

ingredients

1 Tbs olive oil
2 lg chicken breasts, chopped
1 pkg smoked turkey sausage, chopped
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped onion
2 green peppers chopped
4 Tbs cajun seasoning
3 Tbs minced garlic
1 Tbs hot sauce
6 cups unsalted chicken broth
3 cups brown rice
2 bay leaves
2 cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes

directions

in a stock pot, heat olive oil on med/high heat and sauté chicken until no longer pink
add smoked sausage, onions, green peppers, celery, garlic, hot sauce and cajun seasoning. stir frequently until onions start to turn translucent
adjust heat to high, add broth and rice and lightly stir to mix and scrape bottom of pot. Bring to a boil. reduce heat and place bay leaves on top and let simmer for 55 minutes
remove bay leaves, add diced tomatoes and stir well.

I love corn bread on the side with any cajun dish. I probably shouldn't because of its sodium but I still stay within my daily sodium allowance

Last edited:
Make your own

cajun seasoning. (I personally omit the salt because of my heart).

2 1/2 Tbs paprika
1 Tbs onion powder
2 Tbs garlic powder
1 Tbs cyanne pepper
1 Tbs black pepper
1 Tbs oregano
1 Tbs thyme
2 Tbs salt

here's an easy Jambalaya recipe I put together. You can add shrimp if you want. I don't because shellfish are high in cholesterol.
I'm sure there's better recipes online but I altered this one to make it an easy recipe. It lacks salt, of course. But if you add salt to your cajun seasoning, it'll be fine

ingredients

1 Tbs olive oil
2 lg chicken breasts, chopped
1 pkg smoked turkey sausage, chopped
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped onion
2 green peppers chopped
4 Tbs cajun seasoning
3 Tbs minced garlic
1 Tbs hot sauce
6 cups unsalted chicken broth
3 cups brown rice
2 bay leaves
2 cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes

directions

in a stock pot, heat olive oil on med/high heat and sauté chicken until no longer pink
add smoked sausage, onions, green peppers, celery, garlic, hot sauce and cajun seasoning. stir frequently until onions start to turn translucent
adjust heat to high, add broth and rice and lightly stir to mix and scrape bottom of pot. Bring to a boil. reduce heat and place bay leaves on top and let simmer for 55 minutes
remove bay leaves, add diced tomatoes and stir well.

I love corn bread on the side with any cajun dish. I probably shouldn't because of its sodium but I still stay within my daily sodium allowance
Thank you. Cajun seasoning actually looks a lot like the stuff I already use a lot of. Thyme is one I don't use a lot of though. Definitely gonna try this!

I love cornbread too. I have a corn cake I make. I toss in a can of cream style corn, fresh jalapeno peppers, and a bunch of pepper jack. Sometimes I even toss some cooked sausage in the batter.

Feeling pretty proud of myself today. I made a salad for lunch and added hardboiled eggs and red bell peppers to it. Two things my son swore he didn't like. He is sitting here going "mmmm this is so good" and he's on his second plate, after telling me he wasn't hungry 😁

Feeling pretty proud of myself today. I made a salad for lunch and added hardboiled eggs and red bell peppers to it. Two things my son swore he didn't like. He is sitting here going "mmmm this is so good" and he's on his second plate, after telling me he wasn't hungry 😁
What was the dressing?

Dinner tonight was inspired by @rccar4life last post.

It's another guy's weekend. Susan and middle daughter flew down to Myrtle Beach today for the last traveled cheer competition of the season.
Dinner tonight was bacon wrapped hot dogs, Stove Top stuffing, and pan fried garlic string beans.
0324221749.jpg

ground turkey chili. I know real chili don't have beans, but I added kidney beans and black beans because, well... beans, beans are good for the heart. the more you eat the more you fart. the more you fart, the better you feel. beans, beans for every meal!
Dinner tonight was inspired by @rccar4life last post.

It's another guy's weekend. Susan and middle daughter flew down to Myrtle Beach today for the last traveled cheer competition of the season.
Dinner tonight was bacon wrapped hot dogs, Stove Top stuffing, and pan fried garlic string beans.
That there is a ton of sodium. I think I got chest pains just looking at that pic. Green beans look good though, lol. My life sucks

Last edited:
ground turkey chili. I know real chili don't have beans, but I added kidney beans and black beans because, well... beans, beans are good for the heart. the more you eat the more you fart. the more you fart, the better you feel. beans, beans for every meal!

That there is a ton of sodium. I think I got chest pains just looking at that pic. Green beans look good though, lol. My life sucks
My chili always has beans in it. And usually at least 4 kinds. I don't care what those silly Texans say 😜

My chili always has beans in it. And usually at least 4 kinds. I don't care what those silly Texans say 😜
Lmao. Don't get me wrong. I like chili without beans too. especially when I used to be able to eat red meat and pork sausage. But chili isn't an easy recipe to convert to heart healthy and still taste good. But I pulled it off

Back