Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just coming to this thread to say "leftover Chinese", but I won't now because now I'm hungry again looking at that.

Oh, and your new nickname is Tater Tot 😝
I've been called worse 😂

The wife's brother and his family are visiting from NJ, so we went out for dinner tonight. Went to Angelina's Italian ristorante. First time there. Good, but not too impressed. I got the frutti fra diavlo. The seafood was very fresh, but the portion was disappointing.......at least for me.
1105211839.jpg

I made a big ol pot of chili last night. Boy its got quite a quick to it. I made it spicy! All the really dark bits are dried peppers I put in to give it some heat and flavor. Chipotle, jalapeno, habenero, Cayenne, Garlic, Onion, mushrooms, ground beef, Chili beans, light red kidney beans, Tomato sauce, and a little bit of brown sugar to balance out the spiciness.

20211107_134618.jpg

Last edited:
I made a big ol pot of chili last night. Boy its got quite a quick to it. I made it spicy!
What kind of peppers did you use? I'm going to guess habaneros.
Do you eat your chilli right away, or wait at least a day? I find that chilli/stews always taste better a day or two after.

Speaking of habanero, Susan made chicken enchilada casserole last night for dinner. I squirted a good coverage of Melinda's habanero hot sauce on my helping.

What kind of peppers did you use? I'm going to guess habaneros.
Do you eat your chilli right away, or wait at least a day? I find that chilli/stews always taste better a day or two after.

Speaking of habanero, Susan made chicken enchilada casserole last night for dinner. I squirted a good coverage of Melinda's habanero hot sauce on my helping.
I updated the post with that info. I ate it yesterday and it was great but you're right its always better the next day once all the flavors really soak in to the chili.

I love 2 day old chili, but my favorite is getting in there for a sample a couple hours into cooking, when the onions still have a slight bit of firmness left. For some reason, every time I test it, a spoonful turns into a small dish full, then a big bowl. I always say I'm gonna stop the cooking there some day to see how it turns out, but I never do. It's always 6 hours, low and slow.

I love 2 day old chili, but my favorite is getting in there for a sample a couple hours into cooking, when the onions still have a slight bit of firmness left. For some reason, every time I test it, a spoonful turns into a small dish full, then a big bowl. I always say I'm gonna stop the cooking there some day to see how it turns out, but I never do. It's always 6 hours, low and slow.
right! I had mine on the stove for about 7 hours

Back