Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the day off today, and one of my to-do things was to go test drive a Subaru Crosstrek. I also ended up test driving an Impreza, which I am now leaning toward to since it's also $5k cheaper. Anyways, right down the road from the dealership is a Jersey Mike's, and since it was noon time, I figured this would be a great opportunity to try them out.
I decided on the medium sized "original": all the Italian cold cuts, provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, hot relish, and oil and vinegar. It was very good and everything was pretty fresh! More meats than what Subway gives. I was actually full with this medium sized sub. I need to bring my wife and son here, I'm certain they'll really like this Italian sub as well. However, next time, I'm giving the steak and cheese a try.
View attachment 158199
Jersey Mike's has the best subs of any of them. The Steak n Cheese is phenominal.

I liked her Outback so much I got myself a Crosstrek, couldn't afford payments on two Outbacks. But I do like the Subaru's.
Sweet! Which trim/color did you get? I was kinda set on the Crosstrek, until I saw and test drove the Impreza today. The Crosstrek is essentially a lifted Impreza with a bunch of "body armour". The $5k lower price tag is a huge factor in steering me to the Impreza. Another, big factor is that I only plan to keep it for about 3.5 years. The plan is to hand it down to my son once he goes off to college.

I got the crosstrek sport edition, I like that they sit a little higher. Here is a pic of it next to the previous doom mobile.

IMG_20221112_151447202_HDR.jpg

I got the crosstrek sport edition, I like that they sit a little higher. Here is a pic of it next to the previous doom mobile.

View attachment 158206
That was my top color option for the Crosstrek!
If I decide to definitely go with the Impreza, I'm going white and adding black on all the exterior accessories including a roof cargo basket.
2023SUC040173_640_01.jpg

Your son will be disappointed when he finds out you aren't buying a WRX. 🤣
Funny you should say that because that would be an option if I was going to keep the car for myself long term. In any case, he should be ecstatic with an Impreza because, starting in May, he'll be getting his mother's 2015 Sienna for the next +3 years 😆
InShot_20230112_072934238.jpg

Funny you should say that because that would be an option if I was going to keep the car for myself long term. In any case, he should be ecstatic with an Impreza because, starting in May, he'll be getting his mother's 2015 Sienna for the next +3 years 😆
View attachment 158214

Nothing a nice flame graphic won't fix! 🤣 Last night was chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes, the night before that was crock pot beef stew. I thought I should throw at least one food reference in there. ;)

Nothing a nice flame graphic won't fix! 🤣 Last night was chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes, the night before that was crock pot beef stew. I thought I should throw at least one food reference in there. ;)
I told him about flame graphics, or go old school and do a unicorn striding a rainbow 😱

Just finished a Dunkin Donuts bagel egg and sausage sandwich for lunch.

Just had "sprats" for dinner. Well, it was actually a can of sardines in water and a can of smoked kipper herring. So, had the fish with 3 fried eggs and fresh Parisian bread. So good!

My son doesn't care for my sardines, so, for him, made garlic French bread pizza using the air fryer. He gave it 2 thumbs up!
0113231912.jpg

Just had "sprats" for dinner. Well, it was actually a can of sardines in water and a can of smoked kipper herring. So, had the fish with 3 fried eggs and fresh Parisian bread. So good!

My son doesn't care for my sardines, so, for him, made garlic French bread pizza using the air fryer. He gave it 2 thumbs up!View attachment 158267
Ill take some sardines :)

My son doesn't care for my sardines, so, for him, made garlic French bread pizza using the air fryer. He gave it 2 thumbs up!View attachment 158267
At least your son has some common sense!

Susan and middle daughter are away this weekend at a cheerleading comp in CT. That leaves me with the 2 other youngins.
I've raved to my son about the Italian sub I had on Wednesday from Jersey Mike's, so today I grabbed lunch for us from there. I got him the "Original" Italian (all the coldcuts) and my daughter and I had a steak and cheese called the "Big Kahuna". The hot sub is just as good as the cold sub.
They have 3 kinds of bread: white, wheat, and rosemary parmesan. Today, I tried the rosemary parmesan, and I wasn't really impressed with it. I'll stick to the wheat from now on. I think what this franchise is missing are toaster ovens.
0114231240.jpg

Back