what truck is this???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nl2377

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i dont know what truck this is... i got it from my uncle like 4 years ago... it is electrick and it doesn't have its origional body and the rear shocks have been moved (they used to be mounted sideways but i broke the mounrts a few years back...) it also has a weird rear suspension setup... as to it has the pivot point infront of the wheel instead of next to it.... please help, and i can take more pics if you need.. thanks and let me know which way to take the pics

Attachments

• picture 054a.jpg
    picture 054a.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 168
dude it looks like a Tamiya ride. The pic isn't that great but it has that FROG FRAME LOOK. It was a dominant characteristic to that era. If you can take better close ups maybe I can help!!

Thinkin I"m agreein with Jon here. That smells so much like an oldskool blackfoot or something of that nature. I definintely think it is something Tamiya. Those are typical of the colors that Tamiya used to bare.

I only said I think it is the original blackfoot due to the fact that it has some sort of yellowish colors left on the rims a little bit. As the original blackfoot came with yellow rims. Also by the looks of it well besides the shell it looks like it has had a couple of hop ups at least the front shocks those can't be stock. Late

Originally posted by jon2
dude it looks like a Tamiya ride. The pic isn't that great but it has that FROG FRAME LOOK. It was a dominant characteristic to that era. If you can take better close ups maybe I can help!!

here are a couple more... i do recall that it is a blackfoot, although i do not know which edition it is... i appreciate all of your help... i am trying to repair this and get it into decent working order so a friend of mine can start out with a little something and still compete... also, i dont know much about electrics so can you answer if you leave an electric motor sitting for a couple of years will it need to be rebuilt?? and it has a redline super-rev stock in it... is that a good lil motor??? thanks

Attachments

• picture 058.jpg
    picture 058.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 114
here is a top veiw

Attachments

• picture 057.jpg
    picture 057.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 113
YOu know what that even might be a Monster beetle. That looks the one I had years ago or even the Grave digger. At least we know that it is a MRC-Tamiya ride. As far as your motor I think I am going to say that the engine should be checked out maybe replace the brushes and springs. Look at the COMM to see if there is corrosion and warping. If anything replace it with a fresh mill and add a ESC( not sure if there is one there:dancin: ) check the whole car out if you say that it has been sitting there for a while. I had the FROG , Monster beetle and the Boomerang...Thanks dude for mreally making me feel OLD..LOL

OK looked again...CHANGE OUT THE CRAPPY ASS MECH SPEED CONTROLL!! That resistor type will blow fast with todays motors!:OMG:

Originally posted by jon2
YOu know what that even might be a Monster beetle. That looks the one I had years ago or even the Grave digger. At least we know that it is a MRC-Tamiya ride. As far as your motor I think I am going to say that the engine should be checked out maybe replace the brushes and springs. Look at the COMM to see if there is corrosion and warping. If anything replace it with a fresh mill and add a ESC( not sure if there is one there:dancin: ) check the whole car out if you say that it has been sitting there for a while. I had the FROG , Monster beetle and the Boomerang...Thanks dude for mreally making me feel OLD..LOL

OK looked again...CHANGE OUT THE CRAPPY ASS MECH SPEED CONTROLL!! That resistor type will blow fast with todays motors!:OMG:

yea thats all up to my friend... hes gettin the truck for free so he can do with it what he wants... gotta love those potentiameters...
is there any way i can confirm what type of tamiya it is??? i can't seem to find any part numbers...

you know what they are all pretty compatible since they were using the same set up. if you are going to keep it a MT then any of the blackfoot or Monster Beetle parts will work. The Frog parts will have a lower stance to them since it is a buggy. Don't really remember if there is a way to find out what is. Check near the battery compartment or in it. It may say on there which it is.

my very first hobbie truck was the org. blackfoot. had alot of fun w/ that truck thanks for the memories

Ok two things here, I saved the original pic to my hard drive and used the windows thingy to blow the picture up a little bit. The rims have a hint of yellow on it. This would honestly lead me to believe it is one of the original black foot's. If the tires have any hint of any spikes left on them it is a monster beetle. None the less black foot parts will fit it.

Back