What RC Heli for beginner?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul92

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I used too have RC cars years ago and have always wanted an RC Helicopter, but I never got round too it.

So, I think the time has come for me too buy one and get back into the RC hobby. Could someone advice me on what is the best beginners helicopter too buy please.

I have a limit of £150.

I plan too use a simulator before even attempting too fly as well.

Thank you,
Paul

Thank you guys. Anyone know if the neXt simulator is any good? or is they a more recommended one?

I'm a beginner and I have really enjoyed the Nano S2 (S3 is about to be released) it comes as a rtf version. The thing that makes these good in my opinion is that you can fly them in a beginner mode that acts like a fixed pitch helicopter, but when you're ready you can advance to active pitch with the same helicopter. The radio it comes with is very simple and not the greatest when it comes to sensitivity, but it will help you decide if you want to go all out and buy a computer radio. The battery lasts about 5mins per flight, you can get larger batteries, but they effect the flight characteristics which is ok when your beginning, but it you want to do tricks it will be best to stick to the lighter batteries, I recommend having 4 at least and a couple of chargers. This heli is great if you have a large inside room to practice with or if you don't get much wind outdoors.