What parts for a Hobao Hyper 10SC nitro conversion??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo.177

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I'm thinking of converting my electric Hobao Hyper 10sc to nitro. And I don't know what parts I need.
I know that there is a nitro version of the Hyper 10sc so finding the parts to do it shouldn't be to hard.
But I don't know which parts I need??
Can someone who knows please help me.

You'll have to pull up both sets of exploded views and buy all the nitro pieces that the kit doesn't have like the chassis, engine mount, tuned pipe, etc.

You'll have to pull up both sets of exploded views and buy all the nitro pieces that the kit doesn't have like the chassis, engine mount, tuned pipe, etc.
What engine would fit?
I know original is a .12 but do I need to buy the original engine or can I buy any .12?

Last edited:
I'm not nearly as well versed in nitro as I am electric but I think any small block engine should fit. That being said make sure the mounting dimensions of the replacement are the same as the original and make sure the cooling head isnt too much bigger than the original or else you may have to trim the body hole some. Id probably try and stick to something that not to much bigger than the .12 like a .15 or maybe a .18. The bigger the engine the faster it will empty the fuel tank.

Also make sure it has the same carb type as the original engine too. (rotary or slide)

Back