What method do you use to clean your RC?

• Thread starter IdriveSlideways
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Xraycer

RCNT Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Compressed air works well on both ground and air vehicles. You wouldn't think you would need to blow out Aircraft, but on the rare occasion your landing gear doesn't want to cooperate and you need to belly land like my FMS 1450mm Mustang, it comes in handy. :eek:

View attachment 126301
That looks like most of my landings!

Xraycer

RCNT Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
I run my Arrma Granite nearly everyday. So, I don't bother going full detailing. I just want to get the caked on dirt off. I use a large stiff bristle brush for the tires and undercarriage. A cheap, stiff bristle art paint brush and metal pick for nooks and crannies and everything else. Then finish off with a good blasting with my cordless leaf blower with a tapered nozzle. The body gets a quick hand wash. Then, she's ready for the next day's session.
If I'm in the mood and really want to make it look super purty, I break out the water filled, pressurized garden sprayer. Scrub with a mixture of water and car wash detergent using a toothbrush. Blow it dry with the blower and compressed air. Then spray everything down with WD40, wiping off the excess. Man, I'm tired just typing this out, no wonder I don't do this often!

Last edited:

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
I run nitro's ,but I usually just use an air compressor to blow them off most of the time!
But accasionally I do a deep clean on them ,I pull the engine & electronics ,an dowse
the chassy with Dawn dish soap or a cleaner like Simple green an jet it down with a
power nozzle an then dry it up with air compressor ,I usually mainly do this in the
summer months when the temps are a 100 deg. ,it helps dry things up quickly.
In the winter months ,I spend more time just breaking it all down for hand cleaning
with soapy water an hand dry ,lube parts!...:cool: