What gearing is better ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilDaRc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Mod 1 or playing with the spur and pinions for my traxxas 4-tec 3.0 in a 8s esc with a 6s motor? I'm looking faster take off . I am already mod 1.

keeping electronics as cool as possible in my book. In the mid 90s I ran my rc to the extreme . top speed outa the hole punch it was fun but costly in the end with burnt up stuff .ie esc batts motors trucks a smaller pinion will gwt you off the line faster but if its to small can create heat just like if to large to much heat faster top end but heat

Mod 1 or playing with the spur and pinions for my traxxas 4-tec 3.0 in a 8s esc with a 6s motor? I'm looking faster take off . I am already mod 1.
I'm honestly not sure what exactly your question is. One gear pitch isnt necessarily any better than another. Its all about using the right pitch for the right application. You say you're looking for faster take off but you're running 1/8 scale electronics (or bigger) in a 4tec which makes me think you're trying to do speed runs but if thats the case I would think you're looking for higher top speed not faster take off.

Please clarify your question.

Simple . Looking to make my 4tec 3.0 faster . I’m Mod 1 . I’m going to change my gears . Yes I’m doing speed runs. This was tonight at a rc event 72mph in 600ft. That’s not fast to me .

C3D6C159-6861-4B73-909E-9EFD3C93876E.png

The closer you can get to a 1:1 gear ratio the faster you'll go. (Dont own a 4Tec so I can't tell you exactly what gearing is achievable) Larger diameter tires will give you a little more top speed too. Higher kV/lower turn on the motor will help too.

Back