What do you do for a living?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrClean

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
No mention of what you make please, we tried that once.

I think it's cool to find out what people do for a living, call me nosey but it's like putting a name with a face for me. I actually like to see the diverse backgrounds that come together for the love of something.

I work for a wireless/wireline telephone company. I'm a Network Engineer, my group provides technical/troubleshooting assistance to the techs out in the field who are installing the equipment. Been doing it for 7 years now and really enjoy it. I hate the sitting behind a desk part of it, takes a lot of getting used to. Before this I spent 7 years refinishing hardwood floors, loved it, but my body didn't like it so much. Done everything from remodeling houses to janitorial work to installing mobile electronics, retail work even :puke:

Well up until a year ago I owned my own computer shop. Upgrades, custom systems, ect...ect. But now I work at home. Now I'm a personal care attendant for my mother. Her health went down hill pretty fast and instead of her going into assisted living, I gave up everything and got involved with the UCP (United Cerebral Palsy) so that I can care for her and she can be comfortable.

I work at a grocery store as a bagger/cashier part time, and with my uncle the rest. He owns an audio video company, so we go around putting theaters, security systems, and wiring houses for that stuff all the time.

i work at wal-mart part time, going to school for mechanical engineering...also install car audio when i can

Very cool thread.

I am a Lab Tech with Airgas. Basically, I analyze pure and mixed gases to verify that they meet specifications. At work I sometimes pretend it's just a job but I actually enjoy it a lot. Quality control suits my nature so it's a good fit for me. I'm very precise and sometimes very anal about my hobbies so it works out well that my professional position requires attributes that come natural to me anyways.

Louisiana State Police
Photo_090807_001.gif

Rolex and I are in business together. I invest the money for the seedy hotel rooms, he provides the "massage therapists" lol. He's been trying to talk me into some wholesale hamster idea though.

No really, I'm an operations manager of a structural steel company, my parents started the company, and I started as a computer tech and handled all the blueprints (which are all digital now), and I worked my way up and just got a new promotion about a month ago. I agree, the what do you make thread was a really bad idea.

Louisiana State Police
Photo_090807_001.gif

This picture really makes me look forward to you showing up at my door saturday morning lol. Oh well, last time the state police were at my house they didn't bother knocking, just came in through the windows lol.

This picture really makes me look forward to you showing up at my door saturday morning lol. Oh well, last time the state police were at my house they didn't bother knocking, just came in through the windows lol.

Sorry bout that, didnt the maid show up to clean up all ur blood..... err i mean the glass?

Louisiana State Police
Photo_090807_001.gif

Dude, anyone ever tell ya you look like that blonde dude that played the alien bounty hunter on Xfiles?

abh.jpg

I'm a freelance nerd, looking to change careers. Haven't decided yet. All I know is, I don't like being stuck behind a desk all day.

Commercial carpet cleaner. We do mostly motels and resturaunts.

Air Force stationed in Okinawa Japan, 4 more months until I separate. I am planning on going to a local technical college and getting a degree in major auto collision with the hopes of restoring classic and muscle cars.

One of our regular members on here is also stationed in Okinawa with the Air Force, maybe you guys could have a bash session, do you know him?

I analyze pure and mixed gases to verify that they meet specifications.

So if I capture and send you bag of gas,can you identify what I had for dinner? :farting: Sorry,J/K Josh, I just had to. Surprised Rolex hasn't had a similar comment.

I originally went to school for auto mechanics, and although I was good at it, I just didn't enjoy the newer cars after working on old hot rods all the time. So I then spent 10 yrs rebuilding and remanufacturing turbochargers and superchargers. For the last 12 years now I'm a MoldMaker/ToolMaker. I design,build,repair and maintain plastic injection molds and metal stamping dies. After toolmaking, R/C parts are easy! :D

Entered the Navy right after High School, did 4 yrs active duty. Got out then came back into the reserves a year later. Was in the reserves for 2 yrs until I transfered to the Army National Guard. I worked as a civillian tech for 8 yrs till I went AGR (Active Guard Reserve). Basicly I am active duty Army but attached to a National Guard unit, been doing the AGR gig for 2 yrs. I work as aircraft hydraulic repair tech, when I mobilize (somewhere in the Feb 09 area), I will be the shop NCOIC (non-commisioned officer in charge) again.

I work for a parts company as a web architect and IT monkey. They sell parts for Land Rover 4x4s :D

There's 3 of us all into model RC and crawling stuff. We're off to the UKRCRC nationals on July 13th!

One of our regular members on here is also stationed in Okinawa with the Air Force, maybe you guys could have a bash session, do you know him?
Yeah we have gotten together before. He lives right down the road from me.

As of right now I work for UPS. I enjoy what I do for the most part, which is pretty much throw boxes around, lol. Beings CEN is a local company and i deal alot with internationl boxes, I see alot of CEN boxes, every time I see one I think how to sneek it out some how, JK lol. It pretty cool, I have it easy. I work in air, so its a ventalated building where as the rest of ups is a big closed door operation so its hotter then he!! in there, but in the air building its always 10 degrees cooler which is nice. I'm planning on next year or maby year and a half joining the police academy, and try to get into that or be a CHP. It has always been kinda a dream to be a cop or highway patrol. Ill just have to see where life takes me though. I'm currently taking classes to become a machanic but its not working out so well lol, those pesky damn ASE test kick my ass everytime lol. So beings thats not going to well it gave me the idea to become a cop.

Back