What do you do for a living?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,
I'm a network field technician for CVS/pharamcy. I'm responsible for all computers and network equipment in 54 stores in north jersey and upstate Ny. Been doing this for 5 years and love it.

chrysler technician eh...you got any tips on getting the belt tensioner loose on a 97 sebring, i cannot get it to loosen for anything, even tried pb blaster....sorry to hijack...

...production of salamis, sausages and all smoked goods...
I'm sure there's a joke or two to be found here... but in the honor of Mike Rowe and his sausage making abilities, I'll leave it to someone else to find them.

Dude, anyone ever tell ya you look like that blonde dude that played the alien bounty hunter on Xfiles?
abh.jpg

Yeah, a cross between that guy and Matt Damon!
2008-0627-MattDaemonAndThatGuyOverlayANDalpinehyperlite.jpg

(click if you can't see the image if you care to see my shoddy PSP work

Ok... maybe not... lol

Well, I have been working at the same company for almost 12 years.

First 2 years, I traveled to most major cities that had a exposition center for trade shows to be a network technician to setup a closed network that was terminal based for registration of attendees.

Then I got married and stopped traveling and became an Ingres database analyst that setup the databases for the trade shows for 2 years.

They liked me doing that so much that they had me train all the old guys on how I did what I did and be technical database support for them, 3 more years.

Then the department grew and I became only the support for them, 3 more years.

Then the company grew overall (95 to 200 in 1.5 years) and the department went from 9 people to 18 people. In the mean time, we created a java development department of 5 guys. Since I knew everything data related that our company did all the way from end user to design and software maintenance, I became the knowledge support for the java department and I still help support the 18 db guys.

Technically I'm supposed to be Q/A only for the java guys... but sometimes those strings are hard to cut.

As it is now, I'm the senior "something" at the company at 32 years old. Started when I was 20 fresh out of school.

I don't really have a "title" anymore, but I do seem to help with all the fire fights. They just aren't the kind you can die from doing unless someone brings a rifle to work or a server catches on fire... or having a stress related heart attack...

Seeing what some of you guys do makes me somewhat envious, but I'm pretty content with doing a job and doing it well regardless what it is.

Wow... I turned into a gasbag...

Well, I have been working at the same company for almost 12 years.

First 2 years, I traveled to most major cities that had a exposition center for trade shows to be a network technician to setup a closed network that was terminal based for registration of attendees.

Then I got married and stopped traveling and became an Ingres database analyst that setup the databases for the trade shows for 2 years.

They liked me doing that so much that they had me train all the old guys on how I did what I did and be technical database support for them, 3 more years.

Then the department grew and I became only the support for them, 3 more years.

Then the company grew overall (95 to 200 in 1.5 years) and the department went from 9 people to 18 people. In the mean time, we created a java development department of 5 guys. Since I knew everything data related that our company did all the way from end user to design and software maintenance, I became the knowledge support for the java department and I still help support the 18 db guys.

Technically I'm supposed to be Q/A only for the java guys... but sometimes those strings are hard to cut.

As it is now, I'm the senior "something" at the company at 32 years old. Started when I was 20 fresh out of school.

I don't really have a "title" anymore, but I do seem to help with all the fire fights. They just aren't the kind you can die from doing unless someone brings a rifle to work or a server catches on fire... or having a stress related heart attack...

Seeing what some of you guys do makes me somewhat envious, but I'm pretty content with doing a job and doing it well regardless what it is.

Wow... I turned into a gasbag...

What'd he say? :D

I eat tacos for a living. As a side job I count beans for a defense contractor, though I'd much rather be at my full time gig munching on a taco.

I eat tacos for a living. As a side job I count beans for a defense contractor, though I'd much rather be at my full time gig munching on a taco.

Well, seeing as your wife just popped out another kid, I'd say you've been pretty occupied with that....

Hank Hill is a cartoon character that sells propane gas and is rather obsessed with it also. The name of the Cartoon is King of the Hill. Hmmm, wonder if anyone here matches up with Bobby Hill? Oh lord that would be scary!

lol the boy ain't right

Did someone say TACO's!?!?

MMMMMMM taco's.

Newbie here, I work for a small Property Maint. company doing mostly parking lot/roadway line painting companys and towns.

We just finished two big jobs here in the last week and have a few smaller ones before it slows down for a few weeks. We go all over the state working from Ft. Kent all the way to Portland.

Back