What did I just buy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowTech87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
What did I buy, I can't figure out what kind of car this is. The guy from Facebook market place , got the best of me for $130 he showed me the car working the tires ballooned the servo worked, when I got home and set it on the ground , the servo did not work , the car jerked and shuttered , I made my own glitch buster , and now the servo works, the motor is sill heating up and shuttering with a load, with out a load its fine. So I got castle on the phone. There tech told me to do a bunch different things then we reset the esc. Then he told me to try the other motor that was included , Smoke came out of it ... Then tech said he thinks the esc is no good , but says I should send it in to be sure (No warranty) "think of like a core charge ". I don't want any thing to do with castle again , I bought a china esc 4s 80a for $20 it hasn't got here yet. I also found out my local track doesn't have a stadium truck class. Does any one know what this is he told me it was a highly modified T5M , I have my doubts now he lied about every thing else and it matches no pictures I've found yet. How much is it worth I think I'm just gonna to try get my money back and sell it?

It included (XP3-SS remote/TRS401SS , Maclan mx540 4000kv(cooked) , {LRP Vector X20 10.5T(I think it might work still)} , Sidewinder SCT, Unknown XP Digital Servo , Dirt Webs)

Attachments

• IMG_4860.jpg
    IMG_4860.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_4859.jpg
    IMG_4859.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 196
So you bought a used and abused rig and have now formed the opinion that Castle stuff is junk because you went for a bad deal? And this is after the fact that they spent their time helping you trouble shoot a rig that was clearly out of warranty and pieced together? The fact they offered their time alone should tell you what kind of company they are. They've been in the RC industry for a LONG time, and have some of the best products and customer service out there.

@LowTech87 there is nothing about this truck that makes me think it's an Associated T5M. The shock towers are wrong, the chassis is certainly different, the front kick plate is off, and the suspension arms don't look the same either.

I also agree with @HPIguy, calling out Castle to trying to help you with a product you didn't directly buy nor was it under warranty and they still try to help says a lot about them. You should be upset with yourself and the seller - not castle.

I should have been more clear esc wasn't out of warranty, its just non transferable. They told me I could give the esc back to the guy I got it from and he could send it back. How do you think that would turn out?
It aggravates me that service will be more than buying a new esc if I send it in. The motor that cooked wile I was on the phone with castle, I took it apart it had the stator had loads of rust. I just want to get into racing. No one is answering me back on my local track forum. I went to one of there posted race days they told me I couldnt run my slash 4x4 its not pro enough. So I got this contraption. Can some one just tell me what this RC car is so I can sell it. Its not just castle its the whole all around experience isnt what I expected.

Last edited:
all i use is china motors and esc they are cheap enough to not care if i smoke the motor or esc...and they perform just fine for my bashing style. if the rc is in good condition and runs fine with china electronics i wood just run it. it looks like a hpi stadium truck...idk what the name is but i have losi xxxnt and it looks similar.

I contacted team associated they told me its a Team Associated X-Factory X-60 prototype stadium truck. Chris Cristo ran it from 2008 to 2014. Yea I think I'm gonna drop in this 4s china esc and hope the built in cheep esc capacitor bank holds up. So I can bash it. T4 parts will fit it. But first I'm waiting to here back from the local track guys on facebook to see if they wanna trade it for a buggy so I can run a race with them. It would be a pretty cool platform for a speed run car or 132ft drag race. Idk I might keep it. It's a rare find.

Well this has been fun, I contacted X-Factory with the information Team Associated provided me, I confirmed its a original X-60 not a kit add on. This is what Chazz said "Zach, it's not a T4, it's an original X - 60, and if you want to sell it I think you'll have to call it an X - 60, or perhaps a T4 that's been converted to X - 60. " I cannot provide paper work to prove this is Chris car. You have 1 of 50 or less" Why don't you try driving it? That must be why you got it. They're a blast!

Last edited: