What battery connectors to use?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a feeling that was the case. You build the engine, Ill wire up the stereo system lmao

By the way
Thanks man you really have been a big help to me with all this new lipo electric rc stuff. Been running nitro since early 90s. But now with all this electric power it's crazy so much involved who knew lol. It's like starting all over from the beginning

By the way
Thanks man you really have been a big help to me with all this new lipo electric rc stuff. Been running nitro since early 90s. But now with all this electric power it's crazy so much involved who knew lol. It's like starting all over from the beginning
No worries, one of these days when I get my nitros back out Ill be hittin u up for help tuning it lol

No worries, one of these days when I get my nitros back out Ill be hittin u up for help tuning it lol
I didn't know the Spektrum smart batteries had a balance lead. All the pics I have seen only show the power leads. Good to know. But likewise, they are still too pricey for me.

I didn't know the Spektrum smart batteries had a balance lead. All the pics I have seen only show the power leads. Good to know. But likewise, they are still too pricey for me.

I didn't think so either. Like you said it only shows a power plug no balance lead. But I could definitely be wrong on this on

Yeah man any time always down to talk RC poop. The one thing I don't like about nitro. You are always chasing the tune depending on the weather and humidity. That's why I've been messing around with the electric side of things. But who knew that today's RC batteries lipo would be so crazy. I love math but my God to my variables to know and think of

A lot of the pics they try and kinda hide the balance wire but its there. You can see it in this pic :)

SPMX70006S30-450.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210622-170827_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210622-170827_Chrome.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 34
A lot of the pics they try and kinda hide the balance wire but its there. You can see it in this pic :)

View attachment 128439
Oh poop there it is. Now that's a different angle of the pics I never seen before thats cool. So then what's their smart technology about traxxas balance lead is built into the stupid plug. Is it basically the same thing. Their chargers pick up on their own battery for programming purposes I'm assuming 🤔

That's funny. Because in the description for the batteries it even says...
LOL, I mean i guess in order to use the SMART feature it would require a SMART charger? Thats some marketing BS going on right there I think.

Oh poop there it is. Now that's a different angle of the pics I never seen before thats cool. So then what's their smart technology about traxxas balance lead is built into the stupid plug. Is it basically the same thing. Their chargers pick up on their own battery for programming purposes I'm assuming 🤔
Its the same exact thing as the Traxxas ID plug except traxxas doesn't have a seperate balance lead afaik. They trying to be super proprietary.

LOL, I mean i guess in order to use the SMART feature it would require a SMART charger? Thats some marketing BS going on right there I think.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Oh well. I'm not falling for it. But, I do like the connectors ;)

Back