What are the oldest rc cars you have?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice collection you have. I too have a 90s Nitro stampede. How often do you drive these?

My Nitro Stampede has a tan chassis, and I bought it around 2014 for $50. I also have a first gen tmaxx .15. After those I'm 03 and prior.

Nice collection you have. I too have a 90s Nitro stampede. How often do you drive these?

My Nitro Stampede has a tan chassis, and I bought it around 2014 for $50. I also have a first gen tmaxx .15. After those I'm 03 and prior.
Nitro stampede is probably my favorite nitro rc I have. From what I know first gen nitro stampede had regular 15 engine, silver head, but they sold only until June 1996. After that it came with tan chassis and unpainted body, that's the one I have, and I believe in 1997 or 1998 the switch to blue chassis and pre painted body.

Tmaxx with pro 15 was sold between 1999 and 2002.

I have about 12 to 15 tanks on mine but front bearing started to leak, so will have to change them

I was thinking the same on the maxx also and seems I got the same nitro stampede as you. Mine had same tires but white dish wheels. A few months ago, I thought about buying a traxxas .12 off ebay for the stampede but never did.

I was thinking the same on the maxx also and seems I got the same nitro stampede as you. Mine had same tires but white dish wheels. A few months ago, I thought about buying a traxxas .12 off ebay for the stampede but never did.
Yes, probably the same. I believe 1997 and older models have tan chassis, and this days are relatively rare. I also have nitro rustler with tan chassis. Thunder king I drove once, I am not sure if I adjusted esc end point correctly. It's a vintage novak esc. Maybe I take it once or twice again, but it will be a shelf queen. Didn't have a chance to run rc10t but will take it out soon, it needs some minor work, 2 screws are missing

Oldest car I own is the 2017 arrma fazon 6s
The Car that has been in my collection longest is the v3 talion 6s.

Very jealous of your Thunder King, built one with my pops in '93. REALLY wish I had kept it, thanks for sharing.

Very jealous of your Thunder King, built one with my pops in '93. REALLY wish I had kept it, thanks for sharing.
Oh yes, it's awesome and so ahead of it's time. 2 steering servos, dual motor, significantly bigger than typical 10 scale

The ol goldpan is prolly the oldest kit I have. Check out the vintage Tekin Command 10 ESC :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

I honestly dont know what those are. I bought them used off of ebay quite awhile back and they dont have any markings on them.

My oldest

1991 MRC thunder king world scale.

1991 teas associated rc10t.

1996 Traxxas nitro stampede
My oldest

1991 MRC thunder king world scale.

1991 teas associated rc10t.

1996 Traxxas nitro stampede
Nice restorations. Nicely done on that nitro stampede. I live vintage RC's. I have quite a few vintage RC's. That are getting restorations done on them. I love working on the vintage RC's. It's all about the "hunt" for the parts. Once you find them buy them all haha. Or they will be gone for ever. I have a ton of extra parts. Love spare parts..It also brings me back to my childhood. It was always a good time back then hahaha... I don't ever want to grow up. Cause baby if I did I wouldn't be a true Toys R US kid 😉🤣🤣👍👍

Associated original rc10
Associated rc10t truck
Associated rc10 t3
Duratrax maximum mt
Duratrax Evader ext
Kyosho pro x buggy
Tamiya original Blackfoot
Tamiya original hornet
Tamiya original grasshopper

16634183054765027047344414113433.jpg

16634183819913596035486228025501.jpg

16634187353521421423237995026240.jpg

16634188198138172153696753858710.jpg

Most of my cars/trucks are new. I basically got back into the hobby after 30 years, shopping for a vintage RC10 Gold Pan. Never bought the gold pan, but now have 9 new RC's. Still want that gold pan. LOL!

Most of my cars/trucks are new. I basically got back into the hobby after 30 years, shopping for a vintage RC10 Gold Pan. Never bought the gold pan, but now have 9 new RC's. Still want that gold pan. LOL!
Yeah that gold pan A stamp is a rare find in mint condition. They are all over ebay.. mine was given to me from a guy I work with for free for helping him

Sickening.

What kind of tires do you have mounted? I have identical thread tires on my vintage rustler, just wider, 5rows thread. But doesn't say anything on the sidewall

I have a set of those for my RC10T on a full set of rims. I'll have to look and see if they have any labeling on them. I was running on asphalt a fair amount of time and hated destroying dirt tires.

PXL_20220823_014749509.jpg