What alignment set should I get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can I ask why?. dont the A arms on most traxxas rc change as the weather does?.mine always does heat the plastic seams to relax and when its cold its rigidity goes back till it brakes

I race stadium league. Many of my "friends" are asking for alignment, and I find most of my RPM toolz frustrating to use.

I personally have never used a setup board I do have certain tools for camber ,toe so on spring caparison tool..I have a old drafting board with 1/2mm grid on it and a 1" x 1" stainless to set rear tires on same I dont carry this with me it sits in its corner in my work space.

I've been using RPM camber gauge, I have the toe gauge, but it's frustrating, I have the shock absorber comparison tool, but haven't used it yet, and a ride height gauge that is too low. I have been using a mirror as a flat, right angle surface to set toe. Want to see if there is something better. You can spend $80-$500, but as I have seen the cheap stuff is frustrating.

glass isn't the flattest thing we can use a piece of granite is.ride height is a gotta have to me it tells me alot.leaky shock. bend A arm so on.How to low is you ride height guage?

Save your money. When you add in the amount of slop these things have, that negates most of the precision measurements. RPM camber gauge is fine, but again, slop & imperfect glue jobs & tires sitting on inserts all wonky.... will throw off precision. For ride height gauges, they may not be fine pieces of machined aluminum, but they do their job. :smuggrin:
20180707_201446.jpg

Not my money, my Momses just has to buy gifts for me this year. Told her to save $$, she going to need it next year, but what else can I do? She'll buy me clothes if I don't ask for anything, and clothes suck.

So I got Integy C23115 Alignment set. It does not include adapters for Rustler, Stampede, or Slash. ( C23130 C-type adapter set). Does anyone know where to find it? Also, does it need a special toe ruler?

Back