Wet pavement. O.K to ride?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrizzle06

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It is gonna be raining all weekend on the east coast. There is finally a break this morning.
Hasn't rained for almost 4 hours. The roads are a little wet. I am wondering if just a little wet pavement is fine for the RC and electronics?
I really wanna drive this thing!

Last edited:
I've ran on wet ashpalt with no problems yet but i do avoid the puddles, Maybe being on the east coast you should search a few water proofing threads

Thanks for the quick reply, as I am trying to get outside before another storm cloud rolls over.
Yeah the pavement has no puddles, it is just a little wet and some parts are drying up.
I am def. gonna look into the water proofing threads later since winter is coming up.

I think I should be fine for now on the pavement. I took it out yesterday when the pavement was a little dryer than it is now, and only got a few tiny bits of water that managed to splash up.

The humidity right now is 90% so I will most likely need to Lean my HSN.

You can put your receiver inside a balloon, have someone help you stretch it open and slide it in, the wires will come out the hole, put a cable tie around the neck, the speed control is another story as it will overheat if it is inclosed, servo will tolerate a little water but don't drown it, electric motor can get wet but don't drown it either, and what ever you do don't use compressed air on your car as this will force water into places it shouldn't be

If you want a quick fix just spray your electronics with CRC or WD40 or some other water repellent spray. But dont rely on it in the REAL wet.

From reading his posts I would have to guess he is running nitro because he said he might have to lean out his HSN, so I would have to guess he is woried about getting his RX and servos wet, if that is the case you could ballon the RX like 10tman said and I have heard of people getting pretty good results using plastic dip on the servos, but if the road is just damp and you are not running through any puddles you should be fine.

was wondering if mt or on road.

your guess is as good as mine, being that it is a nitro and it is posted in the gneral electric forum, but it is a ? about the electronics, damm now I'm confused!! LOL!!!

If it were a MT there is no problem whatsoever. If it were an onroad, id take precautions.

Back