Well, I'm ready to start. Bought some things

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FORDSVTTHUNDER

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Went to 3 hobby stores yesterday. Bought the onyx 235 charger,hump pack that I've got to order adapter for:angry:, byrons fuel gallon ($23.95)'gallon of sidewinder 20/12 I'm gonna return( found Byron dealer last),exhaust deflect(medium,not sure it's gonna fit). Still have not started the savage x but looks good in the floor lol. Just nervous about starting the break in. Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll be asking for more once it's running

Take your time and youll do just fine. I hear Byrons is a good choice. I run Odonnells because its what my LHS offers. Your medium should fit as they do stretch some. Good luck!!

Any tips on the stretching the medium to fit? Having trouble getting it on. Dip in hot water and try?

Heat the engine with a hair dryer before you start it. It'll expand the internals a tad, making for less stress on things.

Well I finally got that medium exhaust deflect to fit on the huge stock exhaust pipe. That was near impossible but I heated it under scalding hot water for a few mins and got it started. Kept working it and turning it up till it was on. I'll buy large next time lol