Welcome to the new forum, watch you step...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Welcome to the new forum, but please do watch your step as I've still have a LOT more to do before the forum is considered complete. However instead of making everyone wait another 2-3 days till I'm finished I thought it'd be safe enough to let you guys in and check out what's already in place.

I'd HIGHLY recommend checking out every link you can find, mainly for the fact a lot has changed with this new version and even more has been added. Somethings for just certain usergroups, or certain forums (ie. the trader feedback in the FS Forum). Staff you'll also find about 10x more things for you to get familar with as well.

Anyways, check it out - give me feedback but please keep in mind we're still a very far way off from being complete.

-Michael

ps. The RCNT Gallery and Front page are still down at this time.

BTW: I HIGHLY recommended everyone delete all of their cookies and internet temp files as many things of changed and errors are known to occur if you don't.

WoodiE it looks really good, great job on the forum and its new looks.

Last edited:
i really like the new look and it feels clean :idea: woodie has done it again!

I miss the old version. Just have to get used to it. Looks good so far. What does all the new icons stand for?

I like the new look, Great job Woodrow!

I love the look! but DAMN CAN IT BE ANY BIGGER!!!?!?!?!? I had my resolution set to 800x600 and I had to step back from the monitor it was so huge. At 1024x768 its alot better. Well At least I wont need my glasses when I'm on the board. :thumbup:

Yea it's really huge. Looking through some threads I had to really work the scroll wheel hard =)

Please tell me you're going to remove the post counter and go back to the normal name change thing? I don't want this to turn into another "Yea okay MISTER TWO POSTS, I have 1,500,212 posts so THERE" forum..

Average posts per day was pretty cool.

Some things are a little off center and stuff using Netscape/Mozilla.

I like it so far. It will take a bit of getting used to, but I think it looks a lot cleaner. And tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems to run a bit faster. I do like it. I'm awaiting the front page...

The thing that stands out the most to me would be the space below peoples sigs.

Is there a spell check plugin... that would be helpful. I use Iespell but it would be cool if it was integrated into the forum.

All in all i like the change... change is good!

EDIT*
Well at second look i see why there is the space. It's due to the size of the information on the left... avatar etc.

I'm supprised that it's opened so soon. Better appearance, nice fresh new look WoodiE.

msly said:
The thing that stands out the most to me would be the space below peoples sigs...

This was also a problem with the old version but I had fixed it long ago - I still have to do the same with this version. Later tonight I'll be working a lot more to make this and many other changes throughout the forum.

-Michael

very nice...i was sad it was closed though

I'm glad you have the ability to clean out the gaps. I like the overall look and feel, but the excessive gaps and Readers Digest text is kind of un-good.

I know stuff like this takes a shiteload of work, so I'm not going to bash on you. I compliment your ability.

Spiffy! Looks fresh!. Still a little lost on the new features like" THe Award showcase" Is that replacing the contributing members title?

I'm still a lil stuck on the old style this will take a lil getting used to but change is good.

Candyman it actually seems to be running slower for me.

It's nice and quick for me. Glad to see the post counter was replaced with the better posts per day =) Wheee!

jon2 said:
Spiffy! Looks fresh!. Still a little lost on the new features like" THe Award showcase" Is that replacing the contributing members title?

Jon, yes the award showcase is replacing the "Contributing member" text as this allows us to show and give awards for more then just contributing. This is one of the changes to the contributors system as mentioned in the Chit Chat forum.

-Michael

one of the things I'm going to miss is the little side colom telling the most recent threads that were posted in i used to use that all of the time.

how do you see whos on line?? i can't see any thing.other than that i like it i like it a lot

I really like the quick links function.... I too will miss the right side bar showing topics being discussed.... but like everything else I will certainly get used to it.

sLY

EDIT*

Woops just saw the thing in the top right hand corner that says side bar coming soon... DUH!

Back