Weird lipo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rafatus

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Boating
After being in storage for about a week my lipo (the bottom one) is puffed in one corner just like my other one was before it died. It's almost balanced, but one cell has a 0.5v diffrence. Is it okay to use? it's only 7 months old...
1597595315727973881942962927582.jpg

Ill never use a damaged lipo.. why take the risk.. to me it looks like you dropped it...

I'm seeing a damaged corner myself. I wouldn't trust it honestly.

Yes tuned . he dropped it .opps .. lipos dont bounce so well thats why I only get hard-cased lipos.

dont trust a damaged lipo unless you have the now outlawed Halon fire extinguisher..I still have a few dozen left Thanks DAD.(help me break the laws)lol

No it’s solid
Okay so you have two options here:
If your from cali, you can recycle it
If your anywhere else in the world, you can do any of the following: shock it (tazer, telephone wire, thunderbolt), burn it (oven, toaster, microwave ect), shoot it.

Okay so you have two options here:
If your from cali, you can recycle it
If your anywhere else in the world, you can do any of the following: shock it (tazer, telephone wire, thunderbolt), burn it (oven, toaster, microwave ect), shoot it.
Or just COVER it in electrical tape ?

cameron I have a 1 cell lipo Id like you to put it in your microwave for me..can you please video the entire time from when you hit start till firemen show-up to put the house out..dispose of it correctly where ever you maybe.. to much danger charging it...do you smell a sweet smell coming from lipo if so then the internal wrap is damaged failure will be soon

discharge it with a standard brake light bulb 1157 then cut connector off and twist wires together it now safe to throw away. most local DPW in the US have a box or will dispose of it correctly at no cost...giving the totally wrong advise to a fellow rc-er is 1 thing giving dangerous advice is another camerons advice is dangerous to you your home the microwave and all around.

I feel that I should let everyone know that there are two kinds of support that I give. One is actually help. The second is the kind of stupid bullshit that is classic redneck stupidity.

I say you give it a try and see what happens. Please make sure you are standing clear and video taping it. It's not a smart idea, but...

Back