Water displacment spray after washing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabley

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
Hi there i was wondering what you guys use for water displacement after washing your rc's.? as iv'e washed my maxx.

WD40, but wipe it off your tires. Left heavy on them can ruin your tires. It's great for freshening up plastics too.

Hi there i was wondering what you guys use for water displacement after washing your rc's.? as iv'e washed my maxx.
I dont 'wash" my rigs per se. If they get dirty enough I do a complete tear down and clean each part by hand with simple green, and I also clean the all of the bearings and re-oil them before putting it all back together. Having had bearings give me some nightmare issues before when they partially/fully seize up I dont take chances anymore.

I use simple green to clean mine where i live there a lot of mud/sand so i wash my truck after

Don't wash my RC's. They operate mostly in an on-road and dry grass environment.

Back in the day running 1/8 nitro bug, I'd use compressed air for the initial cleaning. When the mud dried would chip the big stuff off with a wooden stick or rod. Small stuff in nooks and crannies got got with a bristle paint brush. Soap and water and stiff bristle nylon brush cleaned the dis-mounted tires. Keeping a finger over any vent hole(s) while doing that.

Only time anything on the chassis got washed was on tear-down. Hope this answers the mail. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

The way I like to wash my cars is sprinkle simple green, use a brush or old tooth brush for smaller parts, wash it in the sink.

Second step is optional and do it at your own risk. I warm it in the oven for like 5 minutes on a lowest setting that is 170f in my case. I helps do dry and helps next step.

Step 3 is sprinkle everything with wd40 and leave it overnight. Next day your rc will be dry and it will look brand new

Screenshot_20221210-225205.png

Screenshot_20221210-225233.png

Screenshot_20221210-225104.png

Screenshot_20221210-225146.png

Screenshot_20221210-224958.png

Screenshot_20221210-224941.png

Screenshot_20221210-225033.png

WD40 literally means Water Displacement 40th formula. But it's kerosene based and can react with rubber.

I typically use compressed air to clean it and I might hose it down if it's really bad. As long as you don't dunk it (submarine style) you should be fine with a surface wash and compressed air.

I use the WD 40 Silicon spray or PB blaster silicon spray. Regular WD 40 is corrosive over time .