Want a rock crawler bad

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully the crawlers break less, obviously because of less stress we put through them, but they still break.
The SCX10 ll is a good kit and reasonable on price. I have scratched built three rigs using the SCX10 platform. I can't speak for the TRX4 because I don't own one but the day is young...;)
IMO Redcat has stepped up and listened to owners and has worked out a lot of bugs. I have the Gen 7 and an Everest 10. Awesome rigs.
I built a rear steer Everest 10 but wasn't impressed with it so it ended up in parts.
The 1/24s are a must. I have two of them but will have them all one of these days. I am currently building a 1/24 rock racer.

The SCX24 will fit in that budget, you can also fit rear steering in that budget. The SCX24 has a lot of aftermarket upgrades and accessories.

They are little but that can mean more places to crawl.
IMG_20220202_155048.jpg

Redcat Everest 10 was my choice. Brushed ESC is 2s-3s capable. Yes the pictures of it on the net look sort of goofy. It's easily and cheaply fixed.
There are parts for it out there and many parts from a lot of other kits fit on it.
IMG_4147-M.jpg

IMG_4149-M.jpg

IMG_4151-M.jpg

Are 1/24 scale crawlers big?
What’s the length, width and height of your 1/24 crawler?
They are fairly small but still capable of a lot of things, here is my SCX24 Deadbolt next to an iPhone 12 Pro.
15774DFC-B908-4077-AC78-9A7928919350.jpeg
Height: 4.73"
Length: 7.8"
Width: 3.9"

The SCX24 made me realize anything can be an obstacle. You can make a course out of anything with them. Yeah, they are small, but they are a must have RC in my book.

Definitely in my top 10 list of RC's everyone should own.

This is my favorite SCX10 based build and the wife's Everest 10. Both of them are awesome crawlers.
The red Jeep is also a SCX10 based build but far too top heavy because of the hard body.
IMG_0211.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG

My 1/24s are without a doubt, the most fun.

Thanks
Is the redcat Everest 10 4 wheel steering if not can I convert it?

Any crawler can be converted to 4-wheel steering. But you will need a radio capable of controlling 4ws.

Thanks
Is the redcat Everest 10 4 wheel steering if not can I convert it?

The Everest 10 isn't rear wheel steering but is set up for conversion. A very easy conversion I might add. You will need at least a 3-channel transmitter, unless you want to use a split servo cable and just have it turn when you turn the front. I recommend the 3-channel transmitter.
The complete kit is about $60 but you can buy each part separately.

Last edited: