VXL3S esc blinking red and green

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm confused on what happend was working fine is this a battery or a esc issue or does the esc need to be reset or something?
also its a fully charged 3s lipo it works with any other lipo or nimh not the 3s though

I'm confused on what happend was working fine is this a battery or a esc issue or does the esc need to be reset or something?
also its a fully charged 3s lipo it works with any other lipo or nimh not the 3s though
I've noticed that the Traxxas escs can be finicky with lipos. I have a 3s pack that no matter what I do it won't even power on my VXL3s esc. I plug it in push the power button and then nothing. I plug the battery into another car and it works just fine. 🤷‍♂️

I've noticed that the Traxxas escs can be finicky with lipos. I have a 3s pack that no matter what I do it won't even power on my VXL3s esc. I plug it in push the power button and then nothing. I plug the battery into another car and it works just fine. 🤷‍♂️
i have a traxxas 3s so it should work i remember this happend like 2 weeks ago i bypassed the issue some how but its kinda annoying

Sounds like its time for an upgrade :)
fun but i got to wait till black friday to have enough money even when its on sale what castle combo should i get?
ok i found this its weird because traxxas lipos and chargers shouldn’t over charge i will test the voltage when i get back soon but how can i discharge it?

Attachments

• 6A572080-AA63-4959-B9F7-023157DC72CF.jpeg
    6A572080-AA63-4959-B9F7-023157DC72CF.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
A fully charged LiPo is 4.2V per cell so a 3S lipo thats fully charged will be 12.6V.

Storage Voltage is 3.8V/C or 11.4V.

Nominal Voltage is 3.7V/C or 11.1V for a 3S LiPo.

I suspect your ESC was damaged and that had nothing to do with the battery.

Back