vxl rear bearing carriers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksrichard

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I did a speed run and hit a personal best at 55.... Crashed braking.... OH S#!+..... I had an old rusty with the black frame. It had sleaves rather than carriers. It seems to be lagging now. Did this slow me down or are there other issues? I bought the carriers and bearings
just to see if it was the prob. Also i noticed steering had play. One of the bellcrank screws
was stripped. can't wait to fix tonight.
I read in another post, someone had same setup and hit mid 60's. I will do the same.. I hope.

I don't know that they will make a 10mph difference but putting bearings where bushings were will help

I don't know that they will make a 10mph difference but putting bearings where bushings were will help

Bearing will help a ton!! What battery and gearing are you running?

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

11.1v 4100mah. According to the manual i should get 60-65. So they say..

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Oops. Gearing is 76/31.

just watch your temps...in warmer weather that gearing combo will overheat the VXL. Probably will in cooler weather too, it will just take longer.

If its an older version you may not get there. Do you have bearings in every spot they could be in?

Its a newer model with the grey chassis. I broke the origonal ones and replaced them with the older sleeve style. I bought the RPM carriers to get it back the way it should be.
I do believe i have bearings everywhere i should.
I'm watchn temps. I usually only take 1-2 high speed runs at a time. When i get the cash ill get a fan.

Will do. What should i clean them with? Although theyre sealed should i put a dab of bearing lube on them?

Just replace em. If hitting 65 is your main goal no point in cleaning them.

I have a video on bearing care and maintenance if youd like to see it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUinzqb5WEc"]RC Bearing Care (keeping your bearings in good shape) - Greywolf Studios - YouTube[/ame]

I also replaced front carriers too. I want every thing to be 100% for next run. Are jaco foams good. Herd there costly. Any advise?

Back