Vintage Nitro Buggy Identification (Help Needed)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC_Tim

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I bought this today at a swap meet because it is interesting and in really good shape for something I assume was made in the 1970s. Can anyone help me identify the brand and model? There are no markings on it that I can find. The tub is aluminum as are the suspension components, transmission and wheels.
IMG-3223.jpg
IMG-3226.jpg
IMG-3225.jpg
IMG-3224.jpg

Holy hell. You have a rare find there buddy. That is a Sankyo Siguma Ace from the early 70's.

And it's in fantastic condition to boot!

Last edited:
Oldie but goodie, nice score. That would require a spot on the shelf.

Oh cool, that's it alright. Thanks for the info! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I figured whatever it was it was too nicely preserved to be rattling around with a bunch of old car parts.

Oh cool, that's it alright. Thanks for the info! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I figured whatever it was it was too nicely preserved to be rattling around with a bunch of old car parts.
Yeah, that is like a museum piece almost. It would be really hard to find parts for it if you wanted to restore it, but you never know what some google searches might turn up. I just had a glance, and there are a couple resto jobs people have done on them. You mauly have some luck getting ahold of someone that has done some of the leg work for you.

Attachments

• Sankyo_Siguma_Ace.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
Last edited: