venom crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usv568

RCTalk Champion
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
What are people's thoughts on the Venom Crawler? Its in new condition four wheel steer, there asking $200.

I have a friend who bashes one all the time. I dont think they are comp worthy but that is just what I've gleened from reading crawlers stuff here and there but I'm just getting into crawling myself for the first time so I could be mistaken but my friend loves taking his out all the time for a good bash:)

personally I say stay away from them. The do ok when they work but they need alot to perform very well and there is almost zero aftermarket support for their axles. $200 can get you something better. If your going to get a shaft driven crawler like that, only go with losi or axial. (ax10,scx10, or lcc/night crawler).

Thanks I didn't know anything about venom. I'm thinking about getting a honcho. Any advice there would be appreciated.

Any of those axials are great. they have MASS amounts of aftermarket support and are reliable.

That's what I was thinking sticking with axial. How are the losi crawlers like the night crawler. I have the losi scte and really like it.

Their a nice crawler to get started with for back yard crawling. Not much in the way of being competitive in comps but they do good for messing around.

I've had the AX10 for about a year and recently picked up the SCX10 and I love both of em. They are 2 completely different shaftys but both have thier own set of grin factor. The Ax10 is great for the intermeadiate rock stuff while the SCX is geared for light to moderate rock with a big push on trailing. If I had to pick 1 to start I would go SCX for the buildup and aftermarket factor. The stock electronics are rather impressive IMO as well. Good speed with plenty of torque.

I guess I'm looking for a comp scale rig that is weekend friendly.

---------- Post added at 7:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:59 PM ----------

I have a cheap basher that I let my nine year old run. Just looking for a good set up to bash and comp.with.

I guess I'm looking for a comp scale rig that is weekend friendly.

---------- Post added at 7:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:59 PM ----------

I have a cheap basher that I let my nine year old run. Just looking for a good set up to bash and comp.with.

When you say comp with do you mean rock crawler comp or scaler comp, because that will be two completely different animals, but from the sound of what I am reading the SCX10 honcho would be your best bet...

Thanks guys! I ended up going with the axial wraith. Love it.

personally I say stay away from them. The do ok when they work but they need alot to perform very well and there is almost zero aftermarket support for their axles. $200 can get you something better. If your going to get a shaft driven crawler like that, only go with losi or axial. (ax10,scx10, or lcc/night crawler).

X2, as Venom have never had thrilling reviews, I reccomend Axial and will stand by them till I'm dead. They make absolutly AWESOME stuff!! Well, besides nitro engines...