Using a Mamba Max 6900kv Motor with a VXL ESC...?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RusTLeRx350

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Can it be done? I know people use VXL motors with Mamba Max ESC's but will it work the other way around? I know, people will say the VXL ESC isn't that advanced, but I have an extra one just sitting here and no motor, and I found a very good deal on this motor so I was just wondering if it will work fine with the VXL Esc. This will be going in a Slash also. What gearing will I need to use? Thanks.

Yes

That is a great motor it will work just fine.
If you going slower in dirt and grass 18/90 I think that goes 40mph on 2s
if you want on road speed go 23/83 that will give 55mph on 2s 66mph on 3s
feel free to ask me anything about that motor I've done alot with it

Before everybody starts comin in here trashin on Zfire for recommending 3s on a 6900....Him and I did extensive speed tests in a rustler with that setup and the motor has held up extremely well, can't say the same for the rustler crashing at 65+mph speeds. Now, I can't vouch for the vxl esc, it does claim to be a no motor limit 3s controller, so I'd say worth a shot. At the time, that seemed like a versatile powerful esc, now that Castle is kickin out mamba pros, other than price, I can't see purchasing a vxl speedo these days. I'd use it and try it if you already own the vxl-3s. You may run into heat issues running a 6900 in a slash, mine ran extremely cool while doing speed runs on an open street, but when I put her in the dirt, things got warm quick. I'd say hurry up and get an FLM aluminum tranny if you still can find them, that will help out alot with some heat as well as keeping your gear mesh in check.