Upgrade Rival mt10 ESC and motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers dude, got rpm arms alrady, got em with kit.

Good to to all

I was thinking of upgrading my rival mt10 and was going to put in Hobbywing EZRUN Combo MAX10 SCT 3660SL 4600kv Brushless Motor

Does anybody have thoughts on this, good or bad. Could this improve or destroy my car

Thanks
Adam

I have this combo on 3S in a 1/10 ECX ruckus 4wd, it moves. I went with the 4000kv though, which is the absolute limit on 3S for that ESC. If I had to do it again, I would have gone "down" to the 3200 and just geared it differently. the 4000 can get hot, even with fans

I have this combo on 3S in a 1/10 ECX ruckus 4wd, it moves. I went with the 4000kv though, which is the absolute limit on 3S for that ESC. If I had to do it again, I would have gone "down" to the 3200 and just geared it differently. the 4000 can get hot, even with fans
Thanks for that. I have put in a quickrun 10 120 amp i pulled from a tamiya. Stock 3300 reedy(hobbywing rebranded) and i am doing standing back flips. It is on full punch. Also has 13t pinion. I tried 15t and was fast but got so hot had to dial down, even 13t very hot quick. 12t was stock. I will go back to the 12t but will dial down the punch. Still thinking of the motor combo upgrade or change to arrma kraton 4s which has a better platform to start.

Spektrum 3300Kv Firma 4-pole sensorless on 2s x 5000 50C with the HW MAX10 SCT. Good all-around package for the MT10 platform.

Have run it on 3S but prefer 2S for the MT10.

Consider replacing the Reedy radio system. Mine got the Spektrum DX4C.

20220313_150122_resize RCT.jpg

i bought the brushed version on sale. i already have a 120 amp brushless esc but I'm going to buy a brushless motor. is the reedy 3300kv good for 3s and not over heat? a 540 size seems small for this truck since it weighs over 6 pounds. i live in the south so it gets very hot and humid in the summer. i was thinking about the castle 1412 3200kv but thats a little more than i want to spend right now.

I have had both the 3200 and 4000. I run 3s for everything from speed addiction ;) The 4000kv has major thermal shutdown issues on 3s with aggressive driving so I moved this to the Bandit vxl 2wd which was the perfect move for that motor. That being said, the 4000kv would be the go to for a 2s setup on 4wd. You will be severely limited on pinion selection with the 4000kv. The new 3200 3665 censored with the censored HW max10g2 is incredible for bashing. Zero thermal challenge even with insanely aggressive driving and the launch control after drifts, side wheelies, ans tight cornering is fantastic! Hope this helps!

I have had both the 3200 and 4000. I run 3s for everything from speed addiction ;) The 4000kv has major thermal shutdown issues on 3s with aggressive driving so I moved this to the Bandit vxl 2wd which was the perfect move for that motor. That being said, the 4000kv would be the go to for a 2s setup on 4wd. You will be severely limited on pinion selection with the 4000kv. The new 3200 3665 censored with the censored HW max10g2 is incredible for bashing. Zero thermal challenge even with insanely aggressive driving and the launch control after drifts, side wheelies, ans tight cornering is fantastic! Hope this helps!
The 3200 3665 censored HWmax10g2 for bashing, are you saying it's incredible for bashing on 2s or 3s?

Thanks, I’m looking at either buying new 3s batteries or buying a new motor/esc for my Rival MT10. I have brand new 2s batteries so I was leaning towards a new motor to get the same effect as going 3s on the stock setup

Back