Upgrade path options for 1/10th crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazanova

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a 1/10th crawler, but I want to know if there is a way to get started for around $300 and buy a truck that can be upgraded gradually?

The Element RC Enduro, the Axial SCX10.ii, or the Redcat Gen8 V2 platforms fit your price range. Of the three, the Enduro has the most adjustments and the best electronics out of the box (decent servo, ESC, and motor, overdrive, good aluminum shocks, etc), the 10.ii has the most aftermarket support, and the Gen8 V2 is the only one with portal axles.

The Element RC Enduro, the Axial SCX10.ii, or the Redcat Gen8 V2 platforms fit your price range. Of the three, the Enduro has the most adjustments and the best electronics out of the box (decent servo, ESC, and motor, overdrive, good aluminum shocks, etc), the 10.ii has the most aftermarket support, and the Gen8 V2 is the only one with portal axles.
Is there an upgrade path from the SCX10ii to the SCX10iii or are they completely different?

The 10ii and 10iii are for the most part different vehicles. Only a few parts are interchangeable between them. I would think the 10ii is better for performance and aftermarket, while the 10iii is better for scale looks.