Unable to set failsafe on DumboRC X4 transmitter and X6 receiver combo.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Lefse

RCNT Rookie
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi there, I bought a used Arrma Granite BLX V3 today and I'm having issues with the radio setup. The previous owner replaced the stock setup with a DumboRC X4 transmitter and X6 receiver and didn't correctly set the failsafe. I found a manual for it online that was quite useless and I haven't been able to find a solution online and the previous owner doesn't know how to do it. Can you guys please help me fix this? Currently the failsafe is set to 1/8th forward throttle, I'd prefer to set it to full brake instead to avoid the car running away if it loses the signal.

Lefse

RCNT Rookie
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Welp, a mod can just delete this thread, I figured it out. It was as simple as adjusting the throttle trim to avoid it creeping forward on signal loss. Now the failsafe seems to function normally.

Lefse

RCNT Rookie
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Seems like the failsafe on this is just neautral, unlike my Futaba radio set where I can set a specific failsafe position it'll return to on signal loss. As long as it doesn't go full send on signal loss I'll be happy.