Twin titan gtx2 needs new engines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam_theman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
What's the best engines for my twin titan gtx2 folks ? as they both need replacing. It's got force .26s at the mo.

20230826_163606.jpg

20230826_144352.jpg

20230826_162853.jpg

20230825_151231.jpg

How did this damage ever happen😳
If you can make one engine work out of the two, like putting one crank and carb into another, the cheapest option will be to get another force 26. They don't come with the same cooling head anymore so you could try putting the old one on the new one. Just try to keep 2 engines that are the same, not one .26 and another .50😂
Edit: Just realised both of your blocks are broken, best option now will be to get 2 new engines...💰

How did this damage ever happen😳
If you can make one engine work out of the two, like putting one crank and carb into another, the cheapest option will be to get another force 26. They don't come with the same cooling head anymore so you could try putting the old one on the new one. Just try to keep 2 engines that are the same, not one .26 and another .50😂
The spring loaded pin for the pull start got stuck in its hole so I tried with a lil too much force to get it out. I'd actually managed to squash the hole where the back plate goes then forced in the back plate and hey presto lol. I have no idea how the carb broke I noticed it was loose before I got heavy handed with it and ended up pulling it straight out. The other engine has the same pin problem it gets stuck or it falls out as there's piece of the surrounding metal also broke off.
I'm not having much luck with it tbh, I've only just bought and fitted clutch pads to one engine and new exhaust seals on both feels like a complete waste of money time and effort at the mo. I'll defo keep both the engines but it desperately needs 2 new ones.
Thanks for the info it's greatly appreciated !

You could try going to a LHS to get that pin out but I wonder if it's worth it

Normally I'd end up with the cheapest engine someone out there currently has to offer😂 but this is a *twin* titan🤔

You could try going to a LHS to get that pin out but I wonder if it's worth it

Normally I'd end up with the cheapest engine someone out there currently has to offer😂 but this is a *twin* titan🤔
Tbh I don't want the cheapest of engines I need the reliability factor more. Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't spent so much on it already. Think I'll end up having thrown around £500 at it by the time she's finished. Pretty expensive considering it was gifted to me lol

Tbh I don't want the cheapest of engines I need the reliability factor more.
Most of the time the engine turns out to be fine but the owner didn't know what it's worth😂 But alright its me who has a engineless car with 4 broken motors next to it🤣🤣

I need the reliability factor more.
Force, SH and dynamite are basically all the same from what I've heard. They seem to be produced in Taiwan, something like Golden Lion, and end up with different brands sticked into them. They're all fine.
Think I'll end up having thrown around £500 at it by the time she's finished. Pretty expensive considering it was gifted to me lol
It must've been a trap LOL

Tbh I don't want the cheapest of engines I need the reliability factor more. Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't spent so much on it already. Think I'll end up having thrown around £500 at it by the time she's finished. Pretty expensive considering it was gifted to me lol

A couple Force .28's would probably be both affordable and effective replacements. Nicer than that would be Sh.28's, which either come in a stock 3-port version or factory-modded 8-port versions.

Yeah I've been studying the engine market tbh. I'm seriously considering a couple of force .46 engines for it, think they're around £120 each. Unfortunately I'm not so knowledgeable so all advice is welcomed. I'm guessing the higher the number the more power/speed it'll give

Yeah I've been studying the engine market tbh. I'm seriously considering a couple of force .46 engines for it, think they're around £120 each. Unfortunately I'm not so knowledgeable so all advice is welcomed. I'm guessing the higher the number the more power/speed it'll give
Two .46's will be kinda overpowered🥴
My force .32 already has so much compression that the pullstart cables all break and rotostart system is too weak to turn it over😂

A .28 has a bit more rpm but with that .46 torque you can easily go a higher pinion

A .46 will use more fuel
Second vote for .28

When you say over powered what does that mean 🤔 more power = more fun doesn't it? Honestly when I say I'm a novice I really mean it lol.
I have been researching some more and I've noticed folk tend to recommend .28s over the force .46 apparently they're all round better engines. I just don't wanna buy engines that are gonna perform and last.
I've got a hyper 7 tq sport and that thing has been amazing so I'm really cutting my teeth on this Twin titan I've never spent so many frustrating hours trying to fix anything tbh. I was warned they're shelf queen's but I didn't think it'd be this much hassle and thus be the reason why lol

I just don't wanna buy engines that are gonna perform and last.
Didn't see that one coming😂 a радуга 7м will help you out
When you say over powered what does that mean 🤔 more power = more fun doesn't it? Honestly when I say I'm a novice I really mean it lol
Definetely agreed👍but the reason why I always buy not too strong engines is because I'm scared of my poor vintage gears handling too much power

Alright but when I say overpowered, I mean that the originall gears, diffs, dogbones of the car might not keep up with the big bigblock power of two .46's. It will be a PITA and in the wallet to find parts for these queens so you don't want to be stripping gears. 46's will drain those tanks quite fast but the weight won't be a big difference.
I was warned they're shelf queen's but I didn't think it'd be this much hassle
Tuning 2 engines at the same time on one car indeed sounds like a nightmare to me😂

"I've got a hyper 7 tq sport and that thing has been amazing" Glad you already got experience with nitro. The way I'd recommend to start driving this car is to tune one running engine at a time👍

That's the thing she was running (i just wanted to tweak her up or try to) just not for very long lol and every time I replaced the part needed something else went. So I fully understand about stripping gears and things lol and I defo don't wanna keep replacing parts.I think it's only wise to get the .28s so thank you for the knowledge and the advice