Twin clodbuster projects coming

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Soooooooo my wife really loves me and spoils me. She went and ordered a black edition clodbuster for my birthday. So now I will be building a pair of clodbusters since I have the bullhead. I will tear the bullhead apart and order what is needed or I may just go full custom build on it. Always been a fan of the highly modified clods. Any suggestions on parts or even theme of the builds would be appreciated will post pics as I start the builds

I really like the clodbuster's but Tamiya kits are just novelty now to me. As I had a Juggernaut 2 and what a Pyle of crap. The chassis was cheap plastic and broke in several places. The u-joints were brass plated and the suspension was crude and I ended up rebuilding the whole truck frame in aluminum and kept the axles and center transmission. My other worst tamyia experience was the mountaineer. The clodbuster has lots of weak points. If your just going to Sunday drive it's ok. lots of aftermarket parts. but I have moved on to bigger things.

I just got mine today after 2 months of waiting.
20210104_121005.jpg

Here is a good idea.

That's actually really cool might file that back for another day. The wife and I talked and she likes the look of no problem from way back in the day. She wants to use the bullhead to make a replica of that truck and I'm leaning more towards the Copenhagen skoal crusher square body chevy

Has to be one of my favourites.
I want a Clodbuster!
It was a pretty easy build but to make it actually perform right you have to invest more than the vehicles cost in modification.

Too true. I'm going retro with my builds. My black edition has 12 turn aarma brushed motors and both will have vertical servo mounts. That's about all the upgrades they will get

Its half and half right now. I'm waiting for bearings to build my clod gear boxes. I just got in a hurry and wanted to play with it lol. I used the bullhead gear boxes to break the motors in.

I really love mine. I have started to make a crawler which I am planning on using ClodBuster axles on as my 2nd one.

20210608_085237.jpg

Started work on completing my bullhead chassis. I'll need to order some parts but for the most part it's complete. It helps I got it complete to begin with and needed a new chassis. Wife wanted to compete with my clodbuster so I decided to build on the bullhead. I did sell the body awhile ago but I'm looking at the proline rock van to build a Rollin thunder van for me and a hard bronco body for her to have a no problem replica. She loved the yellow paint and yellow is her favorite color so it made sense. As of now I'm just finishing the gear boxes and thats about it. More to come soon though.

Back