TRX4M Receiver Options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey All,

I am looking for a Spektrum receiver for my trx4m. Can you guys recommend the best one? I know there are radio/micro receivers out there, but I'm already heavily invested in Spektrum. Thanks!

Tom

Hey
Haven't seen you before
Baltimore here.
:cool:

Have you upgraded the esc and motor combo?
I believe stock is a 2 in 1 ESC and Receiver which can only work with the Traxxas remotes.
In order to use a Spektrum, you would need to get rid of the 2 in 1 and get a esc sperately from the receiver.
Or you can get a 2 in 1 Spektrum esc and receiver that comes in most of the Horizon mini RTRs, but they only work with those RTR radios.
For the Losi Mini LMT, its a Spektrum 2 in 1 , brushed esc, only works with the SLT2 transmitter.

Can't find much for Spektrum Surface micro receivers.
Do you already have a Spektrum radio? If so which model?

Hey
Haven't seen you before
Baltimore here.

I believe stock is a 2 in 1 ESC and Receiver which can only work with the Traxxas remotes.
In order to use a Spektrum, you would need to get rid of the 2 in 1 and get a esc sperately from the receiver.
Or you can get a 2 in 1 Spektrum esc and receiver that comes in most of the Horizon mini RTRs, but they only work with those RTR radios.
For the Losi Mini LMT, its a Spektrum 2 in 1 , brushed esc, only works with the SLT2 transmitter.

Hey!

I have upgraded the motor/esc to the Furitek Cedar/Trans combination along with the Python Pro Speedo.
I am using the DX5 Rugged radio. I would like to add the truck to that radio.
Hey
Haven't seen you before
Baltimore here.

I am from Southern MD. I have been a member here since 05... but have been in and out of the hobby over the years. I am not as active here as I once was, but have always been hanging around RC's. Now that my kids are grown and doing their thing, I have a little more time to devote to this great hobby.

Last edited:
Hey!

I have upgraded the motor/esc to the Furitek Cedar/Trans combination along with the Python Pro Speedo.
I am using the DX5 Rugged radio. I would like to add the truck to that radio.
I'm pretty sure someone will chime in
Idk much about spektrum stuff
Looked at their surface section for receivers and they don't have much for micro receivers. Wonder if a airplane receiver could work for surface? They have a couple for airplanes 🤔
I am from Southern MD. I have been a member here since 05... but have been in and out of the hobby over the years. I am not as active here as I once was, but have always been hanging around RC's. Now that my kids are grown and doing their thing, I have a little more time to devote to this great hobby.
Used to go to a carpet track and hobby shop in Pasadena. That closed down 2 years ago
Buddies started up RC Underground Arena in columbia. That only lasted for about 9 months before we had to get out of there. We are trying to search for a place. That place had drift, mini z, and carpet offroad. Now I go all the way down to Gaithersburg for indoor clay offroad.

Looking forward to make it up to southern PA for some indoor carpet racing, but it looks like I might not be able too this year. Maybe in the summer and next winter.

Last edited:
Any Spekrum DSMR receiver will work because the DX5 is DSMR so as long as it is then you won't have a problem.
Three of my 1/24 scale crawlers have Spektrum recievers. A bit tight in there but they do work.
Welcome back to the hobby @godale03

Any Spekrum DSMR receiver will work because the DX5 is DSMR so as long as it is then you won't have a problem.
Three of my 1/24 scale crawlers have Spektrum recievers. A bit tight in there but they do work.
Welcome back to the hobby @godale03
I bet if you remove the Rx housing, they would fit a lot better.

I just bought the DX5 and i am using the sr215 receiver and it's pretty small. I don't seem to see a combo ESC and receiver that would match up to that. You are probably going to have to do a seperate ESC and Receiver

Hey All,

I am looking for a Spektrum receiver for my trx4m. Can you guys recommend the best one? I know there are radio/micro receivers out there, but I'm already heavily invested in Spektrum. Thanks!

Tom
Hey! Long time no see! Glad to see you're still awesomer than Rolex! 🤣

Hey! Long time no see! Glad to see you're still awesomer than Rolex! 🤣
It’s good to be back. Now that the kids are grown and the old lady doesn't want me around bothering her, I've had more time to go out to the shop to tinker with the RC’s. Along with the trx4m I also bought a used Kraton 6S BLX V4 that i am turning into a V5 as things break. I missed wrenching more than I thought. I don’t feel like I’ve been out of the game for that long…. But man things have changed a ton! I feel like I’m starting over.

It’s good to be back. Now that the kids are grown and the old lady doesn't want me around bothering her, I've had more time to go out to the shop to tinker with the RC’s. Along with the trx4m I also bought a used Kraton 6S BLX V4 that i am turning into a V5 as things break. I missed wrenching more than I thought. I don’t feel like I’ve been out of the game for that long…. But man things have changed a ton! I feel like I’m starting over.
You are not alone there! :joyful:

I'm sure it wont take ya long to get back up to speed :)
I love the Kraton 6S and 8S. The 4S version is a turd imho. lol

Back