TRX4 heads up.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul_G

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
If you're changing to a narrower body and/or want to relocate the electronics to the center on your TRX4 I would suggest this. It made my swap on my sport easy. From Crawler Innovations. You'll need longer screws though which are not supplied.
https://crawlerinnovations.com/traxxas-trx4-front-electronics-tray/

C8BB47BD-7CB0-4259-BE8D-57BC77C7248F.jpeg

BC719C86-3296-47C5-94DE-068AA5BECE71.jpeg

What he said 👆

The number of 3d printable parts for the TRX4 is ridiculous. So getting a printer, especially for crawler parts, is a no brainer. I just said what I said because that is a $4 item. Why on earth they are charging $18 for a sheet of plastic is baffling.

You need a computer to work the printer right? I don’t have or use one.. I would hardly use a 3d printer.
Know what I did? I found a part I needed and bought it and supported a busines.
What he said 👆

The number of 3d printable parts for the TRX4 is ridiculous. So getting a printer, especially for crawler parts, is a no brainer. I just said what I said because that is a $4 item. Why on earth they are charging $18 for a sheet of plastic is baffling.

Last edited:
All I'm trying to do is show a way to relocate your electronics

It's not a bad price for what it is. It's just hard for those of us that do 3D print to see something like that and not automatically think about how cheaply we could make it.

I've printed enough parts for my TRX4 and other cars at this point, not to mention the household stuff I've done, for the printer to pay for itself.

It's not a bad price for what it is. It's just hard for those of us that do 3D print to see something like that and not automatically think about how cheaply we could make it.

I've printed enough parts for my TRX4 and other cars at this point, not to mention the household stuff I've done, for the printer to pay for itself.
Even without the 3d printing side of me thinking how easily I can make that, the price just seems steep. Heck, I would feel guilty charging someone $10 to 3d print it for them. Of course, everything is getting too damned expensive. Or I am just getting too damned old 😜 18 eggs is $5.58 now. The world is just nuts.

Even without the 3d printing side of me thinking how easily I can make that, the price just seems steep. Heck, I would feel guilty charging someone $10 to 3d print it for them. Of course, everything is getting too damned expensive. Or I am just getting too damned old 😜 18 eggs is $5.58 now. The world is just nuts.

Reading the description it looks like it is milled/cut from delrin so should be really durable.

Is it more expensive than I would pay? Yes, but I have the option of sketching something up and making it myself so my view is skewed a little.

You can't even get a fast food meal for the price of that item. I don't think the price is that bad, and it will last a lot longer than a cheeseburger and fries. I like seeing other options that are available.

You can't even get a fast food meal for the price of that item. I don't think the price is that bad, and it will last a lot longer than a cheeseburger and fries. I like seeing other options that are available.
Plus, as I get older I don't mind paying a few extra bucks to get a part that's already had the trial and error by someone else invested.

Hey @Paul_G i would get that esc down on the chassis rail. On my trx4’s I get rid of a good bit of the stock plastic mounts. In the pic below I have the sliders but they can be removed or cut down to what you need or just make the mount out of the it. No need for a 3d printer, just a little piece of plastic to make a mount.

5955AB81-0640-4226-97BB-BC27769C2ED5.jpeg

259A1A48-C959-47D6-9FED-DFCE547E37AC.jpeg

Hey @Paul_G i would get that esc down on the chassis rail. On my trx4’s I get rid of a good bit of the stock plastic mounts. In the pic below I have the sliders but they can be removed or cut down to what you need or just make the mount out of the it. No need for a 3d printer, just a little piece of plastic to make a mount.

View attachment 156769

View attachment 156770
That esc weighs very little. Plus I eliminated the side body supports as I don't need them.
If I need more weight down low I'll install some brass. I put the receiver box low as that's the heavier part.

Nice you could also use a plastic you have laying around granted you would need to cut to right size and or get a 3D printer if you were to do stuff like this a lot

I moved stuff about in my sport, OEM battery tray was cut down, to fit a second ESC for the front servo winch, it all fits under a single cab, I'm running 2 winches and lights, so that's 5 channels, all fits in no problem, no 3d printer used here, just a little thought process.

317745546_872706290413848_1697922528981979252_n.jpg

PXL_20221208_191940285.jpg

If you're changing to a narrower body and/or want to relocate the electronics to the center on your TRX4 I would suggest this. It made my swap on my sport easy. From Crawler Innovations. You'll need longer screws though which are not supplied.
https://crawlerinnovations.com/traxxas-trx4-front-electronics-tray/

View attachment 156708

View attachment 156709

My battery is already up front, why not just put the electronics in the center battery tray? It's a lower CG and free?

Keep in mind,
If you do this, you are raising the height of the electronics thus raising the center of gravity thus hiving it more reason to tip over especially with it being a rock crawler. I would not be surprised if it performed worse on a course.
Moving the weight forward is better but moving it higher is bad. IMO

Back