TRX 3.3 Blown to HELL!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10 Gauge

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My buddy blew the everloving shat out of his 3.3 today, muahahahhaa....

The wrist pin literally split the conrod down the middle and the conrod smashed through the top of the piston, this is mega awesome carnage. Just had to post the destruction!

5176329016_18d6057dc4.jpg

5176328990_6da0557428_b.jpg

5175724141_2871619d64_b.jpg

Hey... that IS impressive! I have seen a few give out but that takes the cake for sure. I wonder what kin of fuel he was running that engine sure has a lot of black build up on it.

pm me i have an os .18 tm up for grabs maby he'll want it

This was only the 3rd time he had run the truck, he got it used from some guy and we don't know how he treated his stuff... My friend was using 33% top fuel in it when it blew. Truck was at 210*F when it blew also and was just getting done warming up. It was very strange but he's going to replace it with a Picco .21 I think, he's done messing around with these finicky 3.3's.

I had virtually the same exact thing with mine after only about a gallon through the engine. I sent to Traxxas and they repaired it under warranty. (new sleeve, piston,conrod and wristpin) I saved the old split conrod and made a keychain!

Dang I gots two of them brand new, eb modded, one's gonna be for sale in the near future.

pm me w/ price and specs when you ready to sell i got a buddy thats in the market for a good power plant

Hahaha! By far the coolest blown engine ever. 33%? Thats some mean poop!

how many times do i have to say this, NEVER,NEVER,NEVER, run a stock 3.3 top rpm for more than 3-4 seconds.

Shouldn't hurt a thing as long as it's broken in and warmed up properly.

Thats awsome lol when my 3.3 blew the conecting rod busted and bent the piston but thats wicked dude.

well i have. seeing how i have 3 of my own split rod trophy's it came to me that the time at max rpm my cause the trouble. racer and rolex you cats are best, i hate to say it but there are some who dont know behave on a forum. but you cats are the best

Back